I had to cut back on my Christmas cards this year. I only sent out 40, and very few to anyone who reads my blog or is my Facebook friend. That made me sad. I want to be able to send them to everyone, but financially, that just didn't make sense. So I'm very sorry if I didn't send you one in the mail. I hope you still want to be my friend. Here is our card and Christmas letter for 2009.
The Good News….and The Bad News 20092009 was full of good news for the Trapnell family. But, as always seems to be the case, often the good news was accompanied with a little bad news.
The Good News…after a year of searching, we bought our dream home and moved in in June. The Bad News…now we have once again joined the ranks of the mortgage payers everywhere. More Good News…the home we bought is large enough for our family to grow into over the next several years. More Bad News…the walls may be bare for the next several years as we find the money to “grow” into it.
The Good News…Jeff got to be in Dallas for the BYU/Oklahoma football game, where BYU pulled off an unbelievable upset. The Bad News…only weeks later, the Cougars got spanked by Florida State and Cougar fans everywhere returned to reality.
The Good News…Krystal found out in June that she was pregnant! The Bad News…the entire family suffered through her first trimester of sickness, pretending they liked “Hamburger Helper” for dinner every night. More Good News (for Jeff and Damon)…we found out in September that she was expecting another boy. More Bad News (for Krystal, Allie and Kyla)…after February, estrogen will no longer rule in our household.
The Good News…Damon turned seven and started second grade. The Bad News…he had to start over at his fourth school in the last three years, learn a brand new school system, and make all new friends. It didn’t take long for him to do just that.
The Good News…Allie turned four and started preschool for the first time. The Bad News…for the first time, she had to wake up early, regularly comb her hair, and was required to perform difficult tasks like holding a pencil to create letters. After six months, she seems to be getting the hang of it.
The Good News…Kyla turned two and instantly grew up before our eyes. The Bad News…she quickly realized that her outbursts and tantrums were no longer cute, and was expected to behave herself during church and other social events just like the older children.
The Good News…in October, after waiting in line for two hours, we all received the H1N1 vaccine. The Bad News…within days, Allie and Kyla got the disease anyway, and Kyla had to spend a night in the hospital to help with her breathing problems. Fortunately, we are now all healthy and hoping to avoid any further problems with the dreaded swine flu.
In all seriousness, 2009 was a great year for our family. We are healthy and happy and incredibly grateful for the opportunity we have to spend the holidays together, celebrating the birth of a baby boy who would grow up to be our Savior. And that’s the best news of all.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Love, Jeff, Krystal, Damon, Allie, Kyla and baby boy Trapnell
8 comments:
So great! Those individual shots of the kids are amazing. Did Jeff take all of them? I hear you on the cost for Christmas cards. We turned to postcards this year and it took our cost down by almost $150! Those stamps get us every year, so it was nice to buy postcard stamps. :) Anyway, cute letter and everything! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Oohh, postcards. Good call tammy.
Loved the letter, I totally understand about the mailing. Next year will be my email year.
Cute pictures, clever letter. Loved it. :)
i love your christmas card and the good and bad news. such a cute idea! and what a year indeed! hopefully 2010 will be better--in the good news department!
i am also following suit on the digital christmas card idea--stamps and addresses, and printing, no thanks.
I like the digital card just fine! Since I have been able to keep up with so many friends and family I don't feel guilty about not doing cards this year. Hopefully after we move I'll at least send out a digital belated Christmas/we moved card! I love your good and bad letter too.
It's true-I always look forward to the Trapnell Christmas card. (I keep all of them ya know) :) No worries. I just clicked and printed this one for 2009!Win-win, situation, right?
Very cute, Krystal! We got free H1N1 vaccines last week from the school nurse. I guess they think that teachers are high risk being around kids all day!
Loved it Krystal! You are funny and creative as ever. You'll have to help me next year cut down my crazy Christmas card list--I think I mailed out 90 cards this year--what was I thinking (but, hope you enjoyed it anyway!)?
Post a Comment