Sunday, July 31, 2011

Friends

During July, we got to visit with some of our favorite people. And they all came to visit us. First, my BFF April and her family stopped by at the same time Jeff's brother, Russ, and Julie and their family were here. We were all in Jax together for a year, so it was so fun to be reunited again. I'm so happy for April and her baby girl, Eliza, after her three cute boys. Julie also had a girl after three boys (and then another boy). Sheesh, we sure have a lot of kids between us!

Damon was a little shy around April's boys. I'm not sure why. I guess it's just not as easy to pick up where you left off when you are 9. We will have to do more with them in the years to come. :)
Kyla, of course, loved them all. She would gladly marry any of them. I hope she will.

Then a few weeks later, our BFF from dental school, the Whitesides, were in town and we met up with them at Thanksgiving Point. That was a fun day, too. When we left Ohio, we just had two kids (Damon and Allie). Now between us, we have 8. Awesome. And I must admit, seeing all these people I love so much made me a little homesick. And not for any particular home, but homesick for my great friends and family that I don't get to see enough of. Love you all!

I had to throw in this pic of the kids. I just can't get enough of KyKy.



1 comment:

Heather B said...

love the Kyky pose. I hope I get lucky like April and Julie and break my streak of girls.