Tuesday, October 08, 2013

September Funnies

With the older kids in school, this is a Carter/McKay dominated month of funnies.

Carter, to McKay, who was trying to wrestle, "Get off me, old man!"

McKay, drinking a Vitamin C drink to combat a cold, "too spicy!"

I told the boys they would be taking a shower with Damon that night, and Carter said that wouldn't work because, "only one little guy can get in the shower with Damon."

Carter, saying his nightly prayer. "Please bless McKay not to be mean, and bless that I won't kick him."

McKay wasn't feeling well, and disappeared for a while. I found him asleep on the floor in the basement. When I woke him up, I asked if he had fallen asleep. He said, a little sheepishly, "It was a accident."

Carter, while playing Minecraft, "I lock the doors so no creepers can get in."

One day, Carter wanted to watch another show on tv. I told him I'd read him some books because he'd already watched tv and he needed to do something good for his brain. He told me, "I like being dumb."

McKay has been interested in anatomy  lately, especially my chest. He has told me several times, "I like those," as he points to my chest.

I have been trying to plant the seed in McKay's head that it's time to start thinking about getting potty trained. I asked, "when do you want to get potty trained?" He told me, "On Tuesday."

At the park, McKay was climbing up and down the toys, and I said, "You are a good climber! How did you learn to climb so well?" He told me, "Tuesday."

On a long drive to Payson for soccer, I told Carter he could watch a movie in the car. He said he wanted Toys R Us. I'm pretty sure he meant Toy Story.

McKay told me one day that he had had a bad dream. He said, "my bunny was in the washer."

Carter came into my room, naked and dripping wet, one morning. He said, "McKay got in the bath." I told him it looked like he had gotten in the bath, too. He said, "I did, but I got out at halftime." Sure sign that he had been to a LOT of soccer games in September.

One morning, Carter and McKay came to get in bed with us. There was no pillow next o me, in the spot McKay was eyeing. Carter hopped up, got a pillow for him, and said, "McKay, open your head! I'll put the pillow there!

1 comment:

Heather B said...

Oh I love these. Always. McKay and Tuesdays--too cute. "I like being dumb" is my favorite though.