In October, Allie got braces on again. Thank heavens she knows a good orthodontist--her mouth is constantly needing work!
Three days after Carter got his stitches, McKay showed up looking like this:
Trying to keep up, always. I just appreciate that it didn't require a medical professional.
We are also in the process of decorating our house. Imagine that! But the time had come to trade in the old leather couches that came with the house in Florida, and forced all those sitting on it to share the middle cushion, and get something that isn't a total embarrassment.
It's a work in progress, so no pics yet, but here is a cute one of the kids on the new couch in the piano room.
One fun thing Allie and I did in October was attend a Shannon Hale signing. Her new book Ever After High was coming out, and I ended up with two tickets. My main motivation in going was I wanted to get a copy of Austenland signed for the Trapnell Christmas party. We loved the movie on our girls' trip, and it became something of an inside joke, so I thought it would be a fun gift for the party.
We went to the library and sat through the promotion for the new book (which I bought for Allie, so she could have it signed) and then we waited for over an hour for our turn in line. Finally we made it and had the books signed. I think it was a fun experience for Allie (I hope so anyway!), because it was fun for me.
Here are the kids school pictures for the year. Kyla cracks me up!
Carter wanted me to take a picture of this picture I have hanging on my wall next to the school pictures.
I was commenting on how he and McKay had their hair all cut off (after Kyla "trimmed" McKay's hair down to the scalp, it was necessary). Carter, ever picky about things, got upset. He said to McKay, "Look at that picture. We don't have any hair! We look bald! And ugly! And dumb!"
Haha, I thought it was hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment