Friday, October 03, 2014

Latest

Laurie, Sheri, Noel and I took our annual girl's trip to SLC the before Laurie's birthday. We only could get away for one night, so we didn't have nearly enough time to hang out. We made the most of the time we had, though. We had some good sun and sat by the pool for a while.



We had so much fun making this music video. Seriously, we spent hours on it because it was too much fun. Shot on location at the Grand in SLC.


We are talking about a bigger trip next year, maybe to Arizona to see Wicked. 

On Friday nights, if our boys have gone to bed every night during the week, they get to sleep with one of the older kids. McKay chose Allie's bed, which must have been very different for him, because he fell out of bed in the middle of the night. 

I heard a thunk and crying, followed by "he's bleeding!" I ran into her room, and saw it was just his lip, so I put him in bed with me so I could hold a tissue on it to stop the bleeding. The next morning, McKay complained that his teeth were hurting, and I realized it was a little more than just a lip injury.



That tooth may fall out (Jeff and Damon were on a scout campout, so he wasn't here to check him out during the night. He would have been able to push that tooth back up into the gums, which would have given it a better chance), but luckily, we know a good orthodontist. 


Soccer is coming to an end (for fall). We have had a lot of games that overlapped, and last night was the final one for now. I had to get a pic of my three favorite soccer players. Allie has made so much progress and scored several goals this year. Kyla, when she wasn't completely uninterested, was awesome and scored a ton. She is really good at kicking the ball with both feet, which I think is impressive. Damon's team is playing some tough competition this year, so it's been a bit of a challenge, but they are so fun to watch. Damon is fast! If he could just get a little more hustle and aggression, he could be really good. 


McKay deleted a bunch of pics off my phone accidentally, so I had to screenshot these couple from Instagram so I could have them forever. This is from Carter's first day of preschool, apparently three weeks ago. :) He goes on Tuesday and Thursday morning for 2 hours and he absolutely loves it. I really wish I had gotten him in a preschool that was held more often, but it's better than nothing. 


September 19th was National Talk Like a Pirate Day at Krispy Kreme, so the boys and I got dressed up for our free dozen. Free three dozen, actually, one for each of us! We went at about 10:30 am and didn't have to wait in line. I heard the line got ridiculous as the day went on!

No comments: