Friday, June 26, 2015

Spring Break

The trip I look forward to the most every year with the kids is our Arizona Spring Break trip. This year was no exception. We had an amazing time!

It seems like it's been Easter quite often when we visit Scottsdale, and it was this year, too. The Easter Bunny managed to find everyone Sunday morning!


After the Trapnell egg hunt, in which Kyla was one of the lucky winners who found $10, I wrangled the whole crew for some family pictures. 


It's tradition!


There was also a small petting zoo put on by the Marriott and the little kids were happy to oblige






Laurie found some funny suckers for the kids, too



Tuesday night, while the boys all went to the baseball game, the girls went out for dinner and Cinderella in the movie theater. We ended up in the nice reclining chairs, and the girls were in heaven!

Wednesday the older kids got to go cave exploring. Allie was prepared with her helmet!

Thursday we did some rappelling near the Salt River. It was prettier than I expected it to be. 

The food tastes yummy, even if it's covered in dirt

Friday we spent swimming some more. Macy had her mermaid tail that the girls went crazy for, especially Kyla, She made a great mermaid!


The little boys and I spent some time at the baby pool, and had the place to ourselves. 





What you can't tell from all the smiley pics is how dry and leathery our skin got after a week in the sun. Carter, particularly, struggled with a sunburned neck and hated applying sunscreen every day. 


We benefitted from free root beer float day at the pool


Carter finally had enough and had to catch a nap


McKay enjoyed some pool


And then he enjoyed THE pool


We had an amazing time, and I already can't wait to go back again next year!

No comments: