Monday, October 08, 2012

McKay 1.5

Eighteen months old. You know what that means: nursery! McKay has gone once and did just fine. It probably helps that Carter is in there with him. But I am really looking forward to church now. Especially once we switch to 9:00 in January. We might actually become active again, haha.

McKay is such a fun little boy. He absolutely knows what he wants ("no" is one of his favorite words), and absolutely LOVES his brothers and sisters (especially Allie. He's always asking for her).


Some things I want to remember about McKay at this age:
1. He is a fairly good communicator. He says a lot more words at this age than either Damon or Carter did, and puts a few together into short sentences, including "Carter mean"
2. He loves girl toys. He is constantly wandering around the house with a couple of Barbies in this hands, so I was sent to Toys R Us to get some "boy toys." He likes the action figures, too, but still would prefer the Barbies. 
3. He wants to do everything that Carter does, including sitting at the table with us (instead of in his high chair) and feeding himself. That is a huge stinking mess, but sometimes I give in and let him have a little independence.

4. Everything he does is hilarious. At least to the other kids. He makes faces, puts on hats and glasses, sings "ever ever ever ever," and cracks everyone up. Ah, to be the youngest.




5. He's into EVERYTHING. He washes his hair in the toilet, constantly pulls all the cups out of the drawer, pulls all the towels off the racks, pulls clothes out of the drawer...he finds anything that can make a mess.



6. He is a happy boy. He is so delighted with life and gives me great smiles. He also is a lover. He hugs strangers, as well as people he loves. 



7. He is one year behind Carter as far as clothes go, so he's just going into 2T stuff. It makes it very easy to transfer clothes, without having to store anything. Somehow, though, he seems not to have any shoes. I guess Carter was a little hard on them, or they are lost in the black hole that takes everything.

8. He LOVES to eat and still will eat just about anything I give him. This is so nice, and I am dreading the day he (and Carter too) become picky. 

9. Mostly, he is good to go with the flow of the family. He's not too demanding, and is always sad when he is excluded from activities with the other kids. He is really coming into a fun age where he understands so much (even if he can't communicate it all). 

McKay is a great addition to our family. Carter loves having someone always by his side, and I love watching the relationship develop between our two littlest boys. Here's to many more years of BFF!

1 comment:

Heather B said...

This is funny because I just did Ella's 18 month post. They are so much alike and definitely so close in age. It's funny that you see him with girl toys because two or three times I have seen Ella with cars, driving them around the floor. I have never had a kid do this (I don't even know where the cars came from!) But I had to laugh. Can't wait to get these cuties together.