Friday, November 02, 2012

October Funnies

Carter, to McKay, on the couch: "Scoop over!"

On our trip to Albuquerque, about an hour away, Carter told us, "I gotta go peeps! Is there a bathroom in New Mexico?"

One morning, as I was making hot cereal, Carter asked, "Can I have some hot air balloon?" Apparently he was still thinking about New Mexico.

Kyla was really excited to check out When Mountain Lions Attack from the library. Beyond excited. She also got a Fancy Nancy book, and I heard her reading in the back of the van. "When Fancy Nancy Attacks," she read.

(There is still some debate as to who is the owner of this next quote. I think it was Allie. She insists it was Kyla.). We were reading scriptures one morning and Allie (or Kyla, perhaps) read the phrase "Jared was anointed." Only she said, "Jared was annoyed."

I told Carter, "come here, dear." And he told me, "I not a deer. I Carter."

We were planning a trip to the pumpkin patch one Monday night, and Carter asked me, "After we pick up the girls at tumbling, can we go to the eye patch?"

Allie told us, in the car, "I thought the moon was made of water." (she claims she was joking) Damon looked at her in complete disbelief, and asked, "WHO ARE YOU?"

Kyla was helping me make toast one morning, and I saw her eating the crust off of one piece. I asked what she was doing and she said, "the skin of the toast fell off, so I ate it."

Allie had to be up early one morning, as all the second graders were going to be on Fox 13 news, and when I went in to wake her up, she was already dressed. She told me, "I slept in my clothes. If I had waited until morning to get dressed, it would have been a disaster!"

Again, reading scriptures, I asked the kids if they remembered where Ether lived (hoping they would say in a rock or a cave). Allie guessed, "Etherland?"

Kyla had done some jobs for me, and was playing a game on my phone. Carter came in and asked to play the iPad. I asked if he had done any work yet, and he said yes. I asked him what he had done (knowing he had done nothing) and he said, "My Spanish."

We were talking about why there are so many Mormons in Utah, and I told Allie that the pioneers came to Utah in 1847. "Wow!," she said. "So Grandma Ruth was here to see them!" (my grandma is 80)

No comments: