Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Allie's Baptism Day

My mom happened to find the dress she made for me when I got baptized. It was also worn by my sisters and a few other lucky girls. Allie decided she wanted to wear it too. It's too hard to tell, but the picture in the top left corner of the paper she is holding is me wearing the dress when I was eight.


Some pics from the day






Yummy food afterward


Allie was so funny when she came out of the water. She was squealing because she was cold. I don't usually think of her as a dramatic person (at least not in public), but she had us all laughing. She and the other two kids in our ward who were baptized sang When I am Baptized together for the closing song. Allie had a bit of a cold and wasn't able to sing as well as she wanted to, and she got a little giggly. Sunday morning, when the bishop introduced the three children as the newest members of the ward, he mentioned how nice they had sounded when they sang. Allie, unbelieving, rolled her eyes on the stand. Again, she got a lot of laughs. My little comedian.

It was a great day and I'm so happy for Allie. She told me she didn't feel any different, just cleaner. I told her that's the way it's supposed to be. The gospel doesn't necessarily change who you are, it just makes you better and more worthy.

No comments: