For Kyla's birthday this year, she wanted to do a makeover party with her friends. Sound familiar? It should. It's the same thing Allie did for her party last year.
Kyla invited 10 friends and 9 were able to come. Jeff was in China for her birthday, so luckily I found some good helpers to pull off the party. My neighbor Megan and Jonny's friend Kenzie both were free to help do hair, makeup, and even paint nails! Kyla thought it was the best thing ever! The girls put on a fashion show. Here's Kyla's pose:
She also wanted a pink Skittle cake. Just like Allie had last year. Simple enough, and quite tasty!
She had to blow out her candles twice, because Damon blew them out the first time. This is the second time, and she is holding Damon off with her hand!
Her friends spoiled her with Barbies, dolls, makeup and everything she loves. What a lucky girl!
On her actual birthday, she opened up her Kyla doll (Journey Girl doll actually named Kyla). It wasn't a surprise, but she still pretended that it was. Gwen was here to share in the excitement.
Kyla is such a fun girl. We have really had some challenges with her this year (especially with honesty), but she has been so much fun to be around. She loves sugar with all her heart, and has the cavities to prove it! Hopefully she will be faithful in brushing and flossing, because the baby teeth are starting to fall out and she will have big problems with her permanent teeth if she doesn't take care of them!
Kyla has such a tender spot in her heart for animals. She cries nearly every Sunday when we watch nature shows, because animals are being eaten. She still loves Bex as much as anyone.
She had a really good year in kindergarten, although I'm pretty sure she was extremely bored. She started telling me toward the end of the year that she didn't want to go anymore. I'm hoping the challenge of Spanish in first grade will motivate her a little more! She is an excellent reader, but really needs to work more on her handwriting. She just wants to get things done and I can't read what she's writing half the time. She loves to write notes to her friends, especially to Gwen when the boys are coming over in the morning for exercise. She also put a letter in the mail to Santa Claus at the North Pool (that cracks me up), and I meant to take it out of the mailbox before the mailman came, but I didn't get it in time. I'm sure it will be returned in the days ahead. I asked her what she said to Santa, and she said she asked for an iPad and a phone. Good luck with that one, honey.
Kyla can get extremely giggly during church or other inappropriate times, and it's hard to get her out of those moods. She has also had some anxiety recently (nothing like Allie's but still unusual for her). She says she's worried that I won't pick her up from her class or that she'll get lost or other things like that. It doesn't happen often, so when it does, it's a bit of a mystery. I'm sure it's just her age and learning to deal with changes.
I sure love my Kyla girl! She is boy crazy, makeup crazy, and fashion crazy. Nothing like me. It will be fun to watch her grow up. I hope I can KEEP up!
No comments:
Post a Comment