Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Stitches

A few weeks ago, I was doing some errands and Jeff was home with the kids. By the time I got home, carter looked like this. 


Jeff wasn't sure what had happened, as he had gotten the story from McKay. Basically, we deduced that the boys were jumping on our bed and carter fell. Carter later confirmed this when he said, "I was being Spider-Man." 

Jeff called his oral surgeon friend and took him over to get stitched up. 





Three days later, McKay fell on the stairs and came down looking like this. 


What were the chances? At this point, Jeff said he was done with it, and left it up to me to get taken care of. It was 9:0 at night, so I texted my BIL who is a nurse practitioner and asked for his advice. Did he need stitches too? Yes, it turned out. After Ryan got home from the rodeo at midnight, I took McKay over to his house for our second set of stitches in three days. 



Thank goodness for good connections! What a blessing to have TWO people who will do stitches for us, even at midnight!

I tried to get them to sit still long enough to get a pic of their matching wounds, but that proved difficult. Sitting still is not a strength of either boy. 




1 comment:

Denise said...

that is too funny. Cute boys! Yes, so lucky not to go sit in the ER for those stitches!