I haven't done a very good job of keeping track of the funny things that come out of my children's mouths lately. I need to do better. Here are the ones I DID write down:
During Damon's baseball season, we were watching a game on tv. Kyla said, "Damon, you better watch this so you can learn to be a baseball guy!"
From the "I Never Planned to Say That as a Mother" file: I found myself saying, "Carter and McKay, get out of the dryer!"
Carter walked into our bedroom one morning and asked, "what color is my butt crack?"
We were looking at a picture of Jesus getting baptized during the sacrament, and I asked Kyla if she knew the name of the man with Jesus. She did. "It's John the Baptism."
While we were on our trip to Yellowstone, we listened to a lot of music in the car. During "Sweet Home Alabama," Damon changed the words. He sang, "Sweet home Orem, Utah...Bex, I'm coming home to you!"
We are constantly telling McKay that he is a boy, and that's why he can't wear skirts, put on lipstick, etc. One day I was walking down the stairs and I heard McKay saying to himself, "I a boy, not a girl." I turned the corner and he was holding up a skirt, obviously trying to convince himself that he didn't want to put it on.
I was helping Carter put on his swim suit, and he was having trouble getting his legs in the openings. He asked, "What is that?" I told him it was a little net in his swimsuit. He asked, "Why is it trying to capture me?"
The kids were talking about me in the car one day, and Allie said, "Mom didn't have medicine with me when I was born. Maybe that's why I cried all the time." Kyla added, "Mom did have medicine with me. Maybe that's why I never cried." (Maybe they're on to something...)
Carter, on hearing that we were going to the park, brought me a bunch of toys to put in his "fatty pack" that he planned on wearing.
Kyla told me about some bears that a woman in our ward has. She said that there is one that plays a Christmas song, and then sang it for me, (to the tune of I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas) "I'm singing at the Y."
Another time Carter put his swimsuit on, and came up with a swimshirt on as well. I asked him why he needed that (he rarely ever wanted to wear it) and he told me, "so I don't get yucky things on my nipples."
I often tell Carter, when he is mad at McKay, that Heavenly Father sent McKay here to be part of our family forever. He doesn't like this, and one day told me, "I don't like Heavenly Father, because he gave McKay to us forever!"
And a couple of things I found that Kyla had written down, because I love this beginning literacy stage.
"It's olmost the fouth of Jaly!"
and
"Allie has a crosh on Woltor. Carter has a crosh on Olivia. I Kyla had a crosh on Timey."
1 comment:
Carter is killing me. SO funny!
Post a Comment