Wednesday, September 11, 2013

More Catching Up


I'm not sure what happened to our pictures and videos from our camping trip the last week of July. I did find a couple on my phone--this was the night we camped at Capital Reef. It was so beautiful and so isolated! Jeff got an awesome panorama shot, I'll have to post it from his computer.


Also from the camping trip, How to Eat an Ice Cream Cone by McKay and Carter



One night while Tara was in town, we had a mini girls night with my Aunt Colleen. We went to dinner at PF Changs and we noticed that the table next to us had a perfectly good appetizer just sitting there when they got up to leave. Tara was brave enough to try one (deep fried green bean) before the busboy cleared the table.


Eric and Kimmy also happened to be in town (randomly), so we met up at my house for a few hours and talked about how much we missed Heather. 


Our raspberry bushes have really been producing lately, and Jeff requested a raspberry pie. It turned out so good, I've had to make two more since!


We spent Labor Day with Jeff's family enjoying one last day of sun. It has been so fun swimming with the Trapnell's and I'm already looking forward to next year! Here are two of Kyla's gorgeous cousins, Aubrie and Macy.


McKay is awesome in his Puddle Jumper


Boys lined up for a jump....


and in they go!


My dad had everyone in the family put in a request for tickets to the MoTab/James Taylor concert, and we managed to get four tickets (two winners out of nine entries). But we had trouble finding one more person who wanted to go with us, so Allie was invited. She loved it! We had a quick bite at Mr Sushi in the foodcourt at City Creek, which we all enjoyed, and headed to the Conference Center for the concert.


Allie told me, "Thank you for bringing me, I love this kind of music!"


I also had the chance to attend Education Week for one day and got to meet up with my freshman roommate, Tiffanie Player. I really enjoyed it and hope that it always coordinates with the first week of school (eg, Jeff's week off because no one wants to get braces on once school starts).

2 comments:

Heather B said...

Thank you for missing me. :) that's cute that allow said that.

Heather B said...

*Allie