Thursday, January 16, 2014

Funnies

I'm finally getting around to recording the funny things I have remembered to write down the past few months. I know I missed a lot, but at least I have these:

We took a family trip to the church history museum, where we were looking at some paintings in the hallway. Allie saw one of the Savior on the cross and told us, "this was at his crucification."

Kyla was talking about getting a new pet. She told me, "it's scary, but you'll have to deal with it. I want a pet alligator."

One afternoon, Carter came into our room, ignoring me, and went straight into the bathroom. After he was finished, I asked him why he needed to come and use ours. He told me, "I didn't have time for any other bathroom."

McKay was feeling sad one day, and asked to go home. He told me, "if we go home, my bunny will make me happy."

One day, some cracker spilled on the floor and Bex ate a few before the kids got them cleaned up. Damon said, "don't worry, she only got a little trans fat."

McKay called one of his sisters "stinkin' girl"

Carter, to McKay, "Take a breather!"

At church, we sang a hymn that had the line "first the blade and then the ear..." Damon piped up, "like Vincent Van Gogh."

Carter was in timeout for being mean to McKay. When his time was up, I told him he could come out if he was ready to say sorry. He told me, "I'm only a little sorry." So he stayed a while longer.

Kyla has had a little crush on Timmy, a boy in Allie's class. She said, "He's the guy for me! He's small, he's blonde and he can't say his R's either!"

Carter was feeling a little sleepy one day while we were watching a movie. I noticed him drifting and I asked if he wanted to go to bed. He told me, "I'm watching with my eyes closed."

The home teachers were here one Sunday and were asking the kids some questions. Carter didn't pretend to know the answers, but said, "I don't know anything."

In the car, Carter was feeling his mouth with his tongue, and announced, "I need a new mouth. This one has an owie."

Carter asked me, "Have you ever done the splits with a cracker in your mouth?"

Jeff came home for lunch and Carter asked him what he wanted to eat. Jeff asked, "what are my choices?" Carter answered, "yes or no."

1 comment:

Heather B said...

These always make my day. Without fail. Can't even choose a favorite this time. love love love.