McKay's birthday post to come, but I wanted to document the bizarre experience I had a couple weeks ago at the Redbox kiosk at Walmart. I was looking for a dvd for the kids to watch on our drive to St George for Jonny's wedding. This guy was at the kisok next to me and he asked me if I had seen any good movies recently. A bit odd, but whatever. Maybe he's just a friendly sort. I told him about a movie Jeff and I had seen on the airplane that was pretty good, but that I really hadn't seen anything else lately.
He then told me that he thought I was cute, and he had just moved from California and didn't really know anyone yet. He introduced himself as "John," and shook my hand. He complimented my handshake and asked if I worked out. At this point, I was ready to bolt. He was a normal looking guy, not particularly handsome, but not ugly either. He was perfectly friendly and didn't say anything creepy or inappropriate, but it's been so long since I've been hit on, that it felt so awkward.
I wasn't wearing any makeup, nor was I wearing my wedding ring. Apparently, that was my mistake. Because John asked me if he could give me his number so that we could hang out sometime. Ugh. I had to break the news to him that, not only was I married, I also had five kids at home. Talk about awkward. He apologized repeatedly, but mentioned that he hadn't seen a ring on my finger.
As I walked away, feeling far more uncomfortable than flattered, I made a mental note to always wear my ring to Walmart. You never know who might be at the kiosk next to you.
**Sidenote: I promptly forgot my own advice and didn't put my ring on before we left for my brother's wedding. Luckily, McKay had found a plastic "diamond" ring that looks fine from a distance, so I wore that the whole weekend. Just to be safe. :)
1 comment:
You might be qualified to receive a $300 WALMART Gift Card.
Post a Comment