Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Five years + Father's Day

The first week of June marked five years since we moved into this house. It doesn't seem that long ago, but so much has happened since then. We added Carter and then McKay to the family, not to mention a dog.

This is a picture of the day we moved in, June 2009.


And this is June 2014


We had a low-key Father's Day, just the way Jeff likes it. His meetings were canceled in the morning, so we had the chance to bring him breakfast in bed. He preferred NOT to be shown just waking up. :) Sidenote: McKay LOVES his bunny, Kenzie. 


Allie made him a sweet tie at Activity Days, and he was nice enough to wear it to church for her. 


I pitched in by making him a peach pie, which turned out very nice


We are lucky to have Jeff as our husband/dad. He really is so great. 

Damon started summer band in June and had to go to the school every day for 30 minutes to learn to make a squeak out of his clarinet. The rest of us would stop at the park to play while he was there. I loved this pic of the kids on the slide. Note Kyla's hair!


We also ran a couple of days at the track at Lakeridge, where Allie is really good at running a mile. She just takes off and doesn't stop. It's impressive, because there's no way I could have done that when I was nine! I had the kids take a pic of me one day to prove that I'm still around. 

No comments: