Wouldn't it have been amazing to witness the reception President Hinckley must have received in heaven last night? After leaving this life, I think most people would be a bit trepidatious about what was to come, hoping that the life they lived was good enough to warrant a trumpet-wielding angel or to, and perhaps a face-to-face reunion with a loved one. With President Hinckley there was no doubt; I imagine he passed multiple angelic orchestras and choirs as he walked down the streets of heaven toward his wife, who was, no doubt, waiting eagerly for his arrival. I'm sure that reunion was even better than any of us can comprehend, but will hopefully enjoy ourselves one day.
At some point, he must have been welcomed home by the Savior himself, and picturing that gives me goosebumps. If angels can cry, I'm sure there were many tears of happiness shed, as the Lord's faithful servant finished his mission and returned to his heavenly home.
I will miss him greatly. I don't remember laughing much in General Conference before he was the prophet, and I will miss his wit and humor probably more than anything else. He led our church for such a long time (half my life), and it won't be the same without him. I am incredibly grateful for all that he taught us, and I hope to have the honor of thanking him in person someday. I can just imagine how the twinkle in his blue eyes looks under the immeasurably bright lights of heaven. It probably looks perfect.
8 comments:
Thanks Krystal. Those were such sweet words. He will truly be missed.
That was a wonderful tribute, I share your sentiments.
wonderful. I am just loving all of this insight from everyone.
You were able to put into words just what I was picturing last night as I recieved the news of his passing. It would have been a wonderful sight to witness, and you described it eloquently. Thanks.
I've been wondering a lot about that myself, what the welcoming committee looked like. I've also just felt so relieved. Like "ahh, i'm done". For him. Such sweet rest!
I will miss him so much! What a beautiful post. I was thinking the same thing earlier today about what a celebration it must have been in Heaven last night! What an amazing man!
Really beautifully written Crystal. I was looking to do kind of tribute myself as he has been in my thoughts lately too, but now I don't dare with how perfectly you described him. Maybe I will just cut and paste? j/k
very thoughtful. i like how you described his going home.
Post a Comment