Six weeks is too long to go without seeing your husband. Right? I found a way to get back to Jacksonville for one last visit and only had to make minor sacrifices to get there (red eye flights, Kyla on my lap, arms about to fall off from hauling Chunky plus car seat through three different airports...). It was such a great visit. I took two pictures before the batteries in my camera died, so I will post those later. But I found these pics on my mom's of the fun that happened here.
I left Damon in Tara's care. When I told him, he said to Allie, "Tara is the best." He has always loved her (maybe more than he loves me). Tara told him he didn't have to go to bed at 9:00 (our bargain for the summer, provided he doesn't wake up until 8:00 am) while I was gone, and he said, "That's what I'm talking about!" He had a great time with her. He has been on an artwork kick lately and plastered the fridge with his recent creations.
He also was very sweet with Maddux and Malakai (most of the time, from what I hear). He got to go to chemo with my mom and was much nicer to everyone after that personal attention.
Allie stayed with Heather (a tough job, I know), and only annoyed her occasionally with her constant chatter. She showed off her tricks...
...and got her toenails painted again by our good friend, Holly. She was so excited.
They didn't seem to miss me at all. And honestly, I didn't really miss them much, either. It must be because I knew they were in good hands and I didn't have to worry about them. Probably not because I'm not a good mom. Right?
2 comments:
They really were good, especially after the first day. And I appreciate the valuable lesson on life with multiple children, so thank you. And yes, Allie has lots of great dance moves these days, better get it in video.
Hey. Mom's need our freedom too, right?? :)
Post a Comment