Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Busy Busy

So, life here has been busy. Jeff and I are getting ready to go on a week long vacation and we're back in the house hunt. But we've still managed to have a little fun. We got a new camera (ours broke last Christmas and we've been using Jeff's camera from school since then. I needed something more portable, so I decided to try out craigslist and KSL classifieds to try to sell the old one. I've had a lot of leads, but no takers yet. Cross your fingers!), and I convinced the kids to let me take a few pics of them.

Valentine's day was a lot of fun. We made pink sugar cookies in honor of my mom, who always used to do that for us. Since she's in a sling(shot) this year, I knew she wouldn't be making them, so we made our own. It ended up being much better than I imagined, and Allie and KyKy had a great time decorating them.

I gave the kids a little box of conversation hearts for V-day and Kyla thought she had to eat the whole box at once. Damon announced that he was missing a couple rubber bullets for his gun, and on a hunch, asked Kyla to empty her mouth into my hand. This is what she had crammed inside:

All the hearts and three rubber bullets. Phew! At least we found them before they came out the other end!

Damon entertained us one night by attempting to raise one eyebrow. What a tough guy!


I left Allie and Kyla alone in the kitchen the other day. Bad idea.

16 comments:

jaesi said...

I laughed and laughed....
your kids are awesome!

Jacqui said...

No way! Did Allie put Kyla in the sink, fill it up and give her a "bath"? That is WAY too funny Krystal!

Holly Woolsey said...

Hey, Anna has it in her head that she has to go to Disney World...Disneyland just won't do anymore. I don't know if you guys lived anywhere near there, but what would you reccommend about going? Is it worth it? How many days would you stay? Is it in a safe area?

TEAM ALOFIPO said...

wow very impressed with damons eye brow raising skills!

Heather B said...

Poor Kyla!! Those are some funny pics. Can't believe she fit that much in her mouth, but she is good at getting her mouth open really far. :)

Christina Mangelson said...

That is too funny! Yes, I have learned the hard way not to leave my kids in the kitchen.

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Your kids are too funny - I'm still laughing at Kyla's face in the sink picture. And I can't believe the stash of stuff she had in her mouth!

Welcome said...

Krystal, I love your life. Your kids crack me up. Kyla in the sink is too much. Its a good thing I'm not your next door neighbor because our kids would get into WAY too much mischief.

The Papa's said...

First, I miss your mom's pink sugar cookies, delicious!!! Second, rubber bullets aren't nearly as bad as the construction staple Averi swallowed. Good times!!!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look yummy! And your kids have so many...adventures? Love it!

Denise said...

that pic of Kyla taking a bath is crazy. I can't believe the kind of trouble kids can get into (and without killing themselves). Have a fun trip. Where are you going? Can't wait to see pics!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

LOVED that last pic with Kyla taking a bath in her clothes!!!! So funny! Your sugar cookies also made me go crazy and I WANT TO GO MAKE SOME NOW! They look so good! Loved all the pic of your beautiful fam!

Lyndsi said...

Oh Krystal, what cute kids you have! I enjoy reading your blog so much. You have a way of making me laugh and inspiring me all at the same time. You are a great Mom! Thank you for keeping in touch. :)

Cassie L. said...

Hope you are enjoying your trip!! That face Damon is making is soooo Jeff!! And I found about 15 beads in Anthony's diaper last week after the girls made bracelets!! Fun surprise for me!

Morgan said...

All those pictures are so funny! Your kids are awesome!

Rebecca said...

Leaving kids alone anytime can be crazy! When Logan was a toddler, I was filling up the tub for a bath for him. I left to go get something and when I got back I found him fully clothed including shoes, sitting in the bathtub having a grand old time!