We have been friends with the Ferguson's for a long time. Jeff and Dave were in dental school together in Ohio, so we met shortly after our first babies were born. After four years of friendship, we both ended up in Jacksonville, living around the corner from each other. Two years later, when Jeff finished ortho and we moved away, saying good-bye to April was the hardest good-bye of all. We were so sad that our kids weren't going to be able to grow up together anymore, but I was especially sad to lose the closeness we had taken for granted for six years.
So, a year later, when the Ferguson's moved to Colorado (with Dave working part of the time in Kansas City, MO, leaving April home alone a lot), we knew we had to get together. The trip to Moab was the perfect excuse, and April willingly made the 6 hour drive with her three boys to be there with us. And I am so glad she did.
We had the BEST time, and it didn't take the kids long to reconnect. Even the craziness of being outnumbered 3 to 1 wasn't enough to dampen our spirits at all. The days went way too fast, and now we are missing the Ferguson's even more!
April and me (with Mason on her shoulders).
Mason and Kyla. These two got along very well for not knowing each other. Maybe a future match? Allie has her choice of Isaac or Ethan.
A Jacksonville reunion with Greg and Noel's family. Because two of Jeff's brothers were going to JU, April knows the whole family, and is practically family, too.
The kids taking a quick shower after a night of swimming at the "mo-tail."
Sad to say, there was a little of this. Allie had to hike more than she liked.
Kyla enjoying the sand dunes.
Damon's climbing skills
Cute one of Allie, Kyla and Ethan (with cousin Aubrie looking on)
And proof that I was there, too. Please no commens about my tree trunk legs.
Let's do it again!
6 comments:
Tree trunk legs? Whatever. That's what my legs look like all the time! Looks like a fun getaway. One of these days, I'll have to go to Moab.
Thanks so much for planning the trip. I am very impressed that you had a nice time with 3 kids and no real help. AND especially that you made it to the top of the sand dune. GO PREGO! It was fun and I loved having April there, too. Let me know if you can get the pics to her that she asked you for. I have been trying to email her some I have since we got back and her mailbox is FULL.... probably love letters from her long, lost hubby.
What a great trip!! You are brave to go sans-hubby.... but I bet it made the time fly by!!
I love that pic of Kyla in the sand, and it's good to see pics of April again!
Krystal,
I just saw you at Conference time and your legs were NOT looking like a tree trunk, as a matter of fact, ALL of you looks like a tree twig, even your TINY little baby branch!~!
I am sure it is just the angle of the camera.
I had NO IDEA that you went to Moab without Jeff, you are the most courageous girl I know, next to April I mean. Tell her I said Hi, it was great to see pics of her and the boys.
Love to my Allie, I can't hike very long either.
Love, mom
I second Karen E on that twig stuff ;). Thanks Krystal for such a fun time and your kind words in this post! You know I love you too and seeing you guys has made us miss you even more too. The boys keep asking when we'll get to see you again. Is Jeff going out of town anytime again soon? ps, can you send me the moab pics to afergusona@gmail.com? I'm so sad mine are gone and you got some great ones! Too bad we don't have any pics of that first restaraunt night, I'm sure they are still recouping!
Post a Comment