1. For the past month, he has had one stuffy nose after another. Just when it seems like he is breathing clearly, he gets stuffy again. It doesn't really bother him, except at night, when it always seems to get a little worse. I am constantly dripping saline in his nostrils and sucking "boogies" out, which he hates, and only seems to help a little bit.
2. He always seems to have a bloody nose. I'm sure it's from all the "boogies" I am sucking out.
3. He is a little piggy. He eats 5-6 ounces every three hours (sometimes even 7 ounces) throughout the day. And many, many times he cries when his bottle is gone.
4. My milk is just about gone. It's not worth pumping anymore. Instead, I am defrosting the frozen milk I have stored and mixing it with formula. And Carter isn't digging the taste. :(
5. He is starting to be more predictable at night. Typically, he will fall asleep around 9:00 and sleep until 2:00 am. That is his long stretch. After that, he wakes up every two or three hours (more recently with this latest stuffy nose), and I will usually give him 4 ounces if it has been at least three hours. I fold a flannel blanket in half and bind his arms next to his body with it. He sleeps a lot better this way.
6. He also sleeps in his bed 90% of the time (hooray!). I am considering moving back to my room (Jeff's room, really--the kids have started calling Carter's room my room), but I'm afraid I will be back and forth all night. We'll see if I am brave enough this weekend to leave him all alone. He will sleep in his bed for naps, too. If I think he is tired, I will lay him in bed, and he will usually fall asleep on his own (although sometimes he refuses, or I guess wrong. We're still trying to figure it out!). I can't believe how much that has improved over the past month!
7. Carter is either very interactive, or completely ignores me, trying his best to look around me. There really isn't much in between. He started tracking objects this month, and I like to watch him follow me (with his eyes) as I move around the kitchen.
8. He has given us a few awkward giggles, as though he is embarrassed by the sound of his own voice. Inevitably, he ends up "hicking up," as Kyla would say.
9. While I don't own a scale (I don't need that kind of pressure!), I do weigh myself while holding Carter at my MIL's. According to her scale, he weighs about 15 lbs fully clothed. I am guessing he is actually more like 14 lbs, but still. Getting hefty.
10. He is also outgrowing his clothes very quickly. His 3-6 month onesies are super tight. I think he will probably skip the 3-6 month phase and go straight to 6-9.
11. He loves to suck. If he can't get his binky, he will suck on his hands, my shoulder, anything nearby.
Now, for comparison's sake, here you go:
Two Months
Three Months
3 comments:
Annie had runny/stuffy noses forever too, until I cut milk out of my diet (and found the Alimentum, for milk allergies.) You may want to give it a try and see if the nose clears up. So at least your milk dried up on it's own, now you don't have to make the decision, your body made it for you. :) Glad he's sleeping and eating so good! Rule #1 is that Trapnell babies are fat, so we can't go against that rule. Thanks for the pics, I got them today and love them.
yay for chunky babies!
Cute baby! When you mentioned wrapping him in the flannel blanket it made me think of my #1 very most favorite baby product in the whole wide world - A Miracle Blanket. It is a super soft swaddle blanket that wraps the baby up all nice and cozy {and much better than most swaddling blankets}! And then they sleep so much better because they are not constantly startling themselves awake. I really wished I had one with Lydia. My other two babies slept so much better because of it. Anyway, just thought you might be interested. You can get them online. It seems like the new ones on eBay were the best deal. Let me know if you try it!
Post a Comment