He is loving third grade and has already started learning times tables. I remember third grade very well, so it's crazy to me that I have a third grader. Weird. Damon has several girls who like him, and he pretends that he doesn't care, but I know the truth. He loves the attention.
Carter has really enjoyed eating solid food. In fact, that is all he wants. The doctor told me he should be drinking 28-30 oz of formula a day, and it has been hard to get him to take 24. So, he is taking a break from solid foods, and only gets them as a reward for drinking all his bottle. Sheesh! Who would have thought that green beans or oatmeal would be a reward for drinking your milk?
Some of his favorites are things I put in his "net," like mangos, plums and bananas. But I think the very best thing I have ever offered him was a graham cracker. That kept him quiet for 5 minutes, and he devoured it. Yum!
I trimmed his hair after this picture, as it was getting a little long on top. He cried when he heard the clippers coming near his head. Yep, he's still a sissy.
He sits up great now, never falls over, and is getting closer to crawling. I set him up by Jeff's lizards this morning, and he really enjoyed his "Baby TV" time. He sleeps through the night pretty consistently, from around 8:00-7:30 or so. It didn't take long of him crying it out to figure it out. Occasionally he will wake up, but he'll cry for a bit and then fall back asleep. He takes 3 naps a day, one around 1 1/2 hours, one a long one, at least 2-3 hours, and then another short one in the evening. Boy likes to sleep. Just not at church (he'll fall asleep, but never sleep longer than 20-30 minutes. After he wakes up, he'll be happy for 20-30 minutes and then be ready for another nap. It's tiring for us all).
For comparison, I took a picture of Carter in the same position as Damon at seven months. One of these babies was breast fed, the other bottle fed. See any differences?
8 comments:
Well- you tell Damon he looks stunning in yellow :)
I watched this crazy show on Animal planet last night about owners of pets who go to the extreme...there was a guy on there who lived in a teency apartment-had 7 HUGE snakes- and a 7 month old baby boy. The snakes would always get out of their cages!!!
MY WORST NIGHTMARE!! (he was crazy, his wife was on the verge of divorce because of it)
anyhoo...I come to your blog and see videos of snakes, and pics of baby in front of reptile cages...
freaked me out a bit...
please dont let Carter become snake food. ;)
Damon does look really really good in yellow! I love the two pics of the boys! They look quite different in the face, don't they! I LOVE the nakedeenis pictures on the bed. I looked really hard to see a difference in their cute chubby bodies, but they look the same to me! Yay! I also love Carter's baby TV. That's so cute. And probably really educational for his little brain! Miss you guys! Glad your girls enjoyed seeing us on the news. Kalia gets excited when she sees it too. :)
p.s. Can't believe Allie's in kindergarten! I was thinking about it last week trying to decide if this was the year for her...so did she have any problem at all getting dropped off all alone at school?
Your kids looks so cute all dolled up for the first day of school!!! Glad Carter figured out the sleeping thing without the waking thing. :)
Wow I am lovin the two picture comparison!! That is so great to have them so much alike, but definitely the only difference is the face.........they are BOTH ADORABLE..........see nursing and not nursing wasn't such a big diff anyway was it?.............you must have some creamy milk , I will tell you that!! Love you all and miss you, we might be up for conference!
YOu are the best at showing and telling the differences in your kids. I love the side by side of the little boys, and no, i can' tell a difference. Both so happy and cute. I can't imagine anyone reading better than Damon when he started kindergarten because I remember his skills....good job Allie (and I should say mom!). Thanks for the advice, love, support about Berk and her next sibling being farther apart in age than I want. I needed to hear that comment! I just picked so much play dough out of my carpet...so I empathize with that. Love ya
such cute kids!
I laughed out loud at those last two pictures of your boys! So cute!! And Damon, though obviously much bigger looks exactly the same!
It is kind of weird having kids old enough that you know they are now going to remember life. I feel a lot more pressure to be a good mom now that I know they will remember the stuff I do and say every day!
to clarify ..Damon as a baby looks the same as damon as a big kid..not that the two boys look the same.
Post a Comment