Okay, quick recap of the day. Allie has had a herniated belly button since she was a baby, and we decided it was time to get it fixed. Partly because it was clear that it wasn't going to resolve on its own, and partly because I knew we had reached our deductible for the year, insurance-wise, and that it would cost us less this year than it may next year. So, today was the day.
Allie and I got to the hospital at 6:30 and were home by 10:00. Everything went smoothly, and despite the tough time she had waking up from anesthesia (typical Allie, she has never liked waking up), she has bounced back very quickly.
Here she is pre-surgery. She was actually quite excited.
I guess Kyla must have felt left out today, although she got to lie around, watching movies and eating pudding with Allie all day. Tonight she found a pair of scissors....
It could have been so, so, SO much worse, but it looks like she is going to have to go short, and the ponytail she has been coveting will have to wait. And wait, and wait and wait, because her hair just doesn't grow very fast. She did cry when I informed her that her ponytail dreams were gone, so I'm hoping that is enough to keep her from doing it again (and a much more destructive job in the future).
Here is a quick video clip of Carter. He started crawling this week, which is so fun. I tried to film him crawling, but instead caught him doing something else that he loves to do: tapping. He MUST tap on every surface he comes in contact with. I'm not sure why, exactly, but he is always doing it. And I love how he has to use both hands on the vent, which he had never tapped before.
Okay, more to come. But enough for now.
9 comments:
Ahh! SO where's the pic of the short new hair?
Glad to hear A was excited for her surgery.
Your house looks beautiful!
I am totally jealous of the landscaping. I just have to look at everyone else getting grass because we love dirt! (or we just don't want to pay for anything else...yet)
I'm impressed that she was excited for surgery! You must have prepared her well.
Your house and landscaping look gorgeous!!
House looks beautiful! LOVE Carter's tapping, how cute is that? He gets himself around pretty good I must say! Yay for Allie's surgery and Kyla's mullet (not...that's sad.)
I am missing my kidlets!! I love Carter getting around, I didn't realize he had become mobile. If Allie was excited for surgery, it makes me wonder if she isn't going to be a little bit more like me than I even thought, I LOVE surgery, we just have to get her the right meds so she wakes up HAPPY! Love the landscaping, the house looks totally different from when you first moved in, now to fix ours up...................again. :)
It has been so so long since I have been on your blog. I forgot and then lost all my private blog addresses. I can't believe Kylee is that old. How does that happen? Your house looks fantastic! I hope Allie is doing ok after the surgery.
Always fun to read about your many adventures...landscaping looks great and makes me miss Fall in Utah.
Your house looks beautiful!! Good work!
Life never slows down, does it?!
Love the new landscaping. It makes the house perfect!
Post a Comment