At eight months, Carter still refuses to hold his bottle. He will hold it for a minute or two, but always drops it and rolls over (or sits up) and then starts crying. He really wants to be babied. Every day I make him try, and he is getting a little better, but every day I end up holding it for him so he'll eat. He would much rather eat anything rather than drink a bottle (including paper, toys, any sort of food or dirt), and I have to force him to get his ounces in every day. Strange, because he's such a big boy, you'd think he'd want all those calories, but he doesn't particularly care about them.
He is in 12-18 month clothes. The pants are a little long, but not horrible.
He also thinks it's funny when I wipe his behind (or maybe it's ticklish). I have never had a baby giggle when I wipe them, so it always makes me giggle, too, but I love it.
He started babbling this month, mostly favoring the "dada" sounds, but occasionally throwing out a "baba" or a "mama" when he's tired. He also learned to make a clicking sound, which he prefers over all other sounds. Future horse trainer, perhaps?
He got sick last week, with a fever for a few days, and had decreased appetite, increased sleepiness and overall more irritability. After the fever was gone, he got a rash on his chest and back that lasted for a day. He seems to be feeling better now, although he still is a little sleepier than normal (which means 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon) and generally he is grouchier than before. What is your diagnosis? I'll post what I think it was at the bottom.
Carter loves his binky, but I usually only give it to him when he's going to bed. This week has been different, though, because he's been so sad. I have let him have it a lot more. He likes to chew on it (teething probably, since he has no teeth still--well, one of his top teeth is exposed, but that is due to gum recession), and has no problem getting it in and out.
He also loves when I put my hand over his mouth and help him create the "babababa" sound. He has started doing it himself with his own hand, but usually ends up tapping his cheek or his ear, and it doesn't quite work out like he plans.
We are all still crazy about this boy, high maintenance though he may be. And as long as we can keep Kyla happy, and not hitting him with a broom, life is good.
Finally, here are the "After" shots of Kyla. About half-way through her haircut, she got really sad, and said, "I don't like haircuts." I think the reality was finally sinking in, and she won't be having a ponytail anytime soon. I think she looks cute, though. Once those bangs (the ones she cut herself) are long enough to stay out of her face, that is.
And here's my shot. Try to look at the hair and not the crazy face. I'm not a big fan (of the face--the hair is fine).
6 comments:
Cute haircut to both you guys! I just want to snuggle that big roly poly Carter and his cute clapping. Love the video.
i love your haircuts! so cute! i'm sure you've already tried this, but just in case, we always just lay tama on the floor and he would be able to hold the bottle up himself. we usually prop him up a bit on a little pillow. :) anyways, he's the cutest little chubbers!
P.S. I think Carter had Roseola.
Cute haircuts!!
Wow, that little girl haircut looks familiar. I wonder how long it will be until I do any ponytails for any of my three girls.
love your hair!
Love her haircut. A little sad about yours; I LOVED your long hair.
Post a Comment