So, before Carter's croup so rudely interrupted my Valentine's bliss, I was mentally composing a post about all the things I love. And it was a good one. So clever and witty it would have made you laugh until a little pee came out. But you'll have to take my word on it, because I can literally remember none of it. Which means it probably wasn't really THAT good.
But I still wanted to write a little about the things I love. So, here goes "back up post that won't be as good as the one you were expecting."
THINGS THAT I LOVE
1. I love Snickers candy bars. And Oreos. And ice cream. I could eat them all every day if I allowed myself to have them in the house.
2. I love my iPhone. I never knew I needed one until I got one last year and now I fear I would be lost without it.
3. I love getting lost in a really good book. There are few things better in life.
4. I love watching basketball. I love playing basketball. I love March Madness.
5. I love quotable movies. I love that my siblings love that, too.
6. I love long, HOT showers and long HOT baths.
7. I love scoring great deals. And I love how that is becoming easier all the time with blogs, Facebook and the like.
8. I love piano music. I love listening to someone who is an amazing pianist. I love learning a song well enough that I can pretend I am an amazing pianist. And sometimes Alicia Keys, singing my little heart out.
9. I love a good juicy steak. And shrimp. And sushi.
10. I love the sunshine.
11. I love the number 11.
12. I love that my kids look alike. I love that they all have various shades of green (or blue) eyes like their daddy.
13. I love that my kids are all so different from one another. It makes me appreciate their little personalities so much more.
14. I love that my kids have each other. I always knew I wanted a big family, but sometimes I wonder what on earth I am doing with so many kids. Until I see them interacting, and laughing, and playing together. Then I remember.
15. I love that Jeff will watch The Bachelor with me and give his commentary on all the girls. And I love to remind him that he will probably never be chosen to BE the Bachelor because he has a wife and (almost) 5 kids.
16. I love that I'm so close with my brothers and sisters. I love that we can live far apart but still be such a huge part of each other's lives. I love knowing that they will always be there for me, and vice versa.
17. I love watching my baby grow up. I love watching him walk around the house naked or in only a diaper. He somehow manages to push both his belly and his behind out when he walks (presumably for balance), and it always makes me laugh. I love how he is getting so much better at walking and will wander in and out of every room in the house.
18. I love hearing my kids tell me they love me. I doubt I will ever get tired of it.
19. I love good friends who have helped me through so many challenges in life. I love knowing that even though time and distance may separate us, we will always stay close.
20. I love my life. I really do. Of course it's not perfect, and there are times I really wish I were someone (or somewhere) else, but mostly I feel so fortunate to have a life filled with satisfaction, enjoyment and, most of all, LOVE.
7 comments:
15 crrrrracks me up!!!
you DO have a lot to love. I think we should all do this onc in awhile to remind us of all we have to love.
love love love love love love love
i loved your post! p.s. have you tried the mini-ice cream snickers bars? at 90 calories each, sometimes it is the perfect little sweetness to your day!
I love your kids' eyes too. How on earth did Jeff's recessive trait get to all 4 of your kids? Craziness. They are awesome eyes for sure.
Yeah. I really love your list.
love you Krystal. Thanks for the post.
I LOVE this post! You and I are so much alike, no wonder we like each other so much.
I LOVE the #11 too :) It's my favorite #
Ditto to what Jaesi said, we all need to do this once in a while and February is a good time to do it. Too bad tomorrow is March 1st, but I think I will challenge myself to do a LOVE list anyway.
Thanks Krystal, you are a writer that can bring out true emotion in the reader. I LOVE you.
I meant to do a love this year and never quite got around to it. Although I've done one the last two or three years (can't remember for sure thanks to pregnant brain). Caleb was #11 in soccer and baseball this year so you must love him too!
Post a Comment