And here are a few from McKay's bath the other night. He really loved it.
One day this week, McKay was really grouchy. And he's not usually like that. But he cried a lot and acted like he was in pain. He has always been a gassy little guy, and he didn't seem any more gassy than usual, but we just didn't know what else to think.
I was getting him ready for bed and I noticed that his right nipple was still red (it had been that morning) and harder than the left nipple, which was also hard. My mom wondered if it were possible for babies to get a plugged duct so we googled it. Turns out they can. And so we spent the next hour or so putting warm wash cloths on his chest. By morning, the redness was gone and it was much less swollen. And he has been so much happier. Phew! I'm glad we figured that out. Swollen nipples, coupled with the baby acne that covers his cheek, and I think it's safe to say he has entered his "12 year old girl" phase for the first, and hopefully ONLY, time of his life.
St. George has treated us well, with gorgeous sunny days. Jeff, Damon and Allie have been in Arizona with the Trapnell's for spring break, and I won't be surprised if they come back a nice darker shade of white from all their time in the sun. I'm trying my best to convince this weather to come back to Orem with me when we go. We sure need some sunshine up there!
3 comments:
Oh St. George. Wish I could be there with you. Glad you got together with all your girlfriends!
Please bring the sun back with you! Spring break in the 30s and 40s...not fun! We did barely squeak into the 50s on Friday!
Jealous that you are in St. George (or were.) Wish we were all there together. I LOVE that last pic of baby M. He looks so great and so cute and for sure like you. Crazy about the nipple thing- didn't know babies could have it!
Post a Comment