Monday, April 25, 2011

Pre Easter

I have to admit, five kids is kind of kicking my butt. It's hard. And if the spring doesn't get here soon (it IS April 25th, after all), I might just lose my mind.

Last week, our stake started Futsal. I really wanted to go play, but Jeff told me he wasn't going to be home. I can't tell you how disappointing that was. It was Thursday, after all, and I had been out of the house three times (once to take Damon to school and twice to get the mail). I really needed to get out. And Jeff obviously could sense that. He canceled his plans and I got to go play. I'm just now starting to get over the extreme soreness that caused my muscles. But it felt so good to have my lungs burn again.

I have much more to write about Easter and other happenings, but I wanted to post these pictures from last week first. I wanted to get a picture of Damon in his suit before he turns 9, and so I finally just took some. These are my favorites.


Love that you can see the Y over his shoulder.


Awesome smile.

I think this is the one I am going to have blown up for the wall. I know that the snow on the mountains give away the fact that it was not actually summer, but maybe no one will care about that. :)

The girls got two new dresses for Easter (thanks to Old Navy's awesome deals) and they wanted a couple pictures taken of them, too.

And Carter wasn't going to church, so he wasn't dressed, but he came out for the photo shoot, too. He mostly just wanted to get in the way, but I got this cute shot of him.

This is proof that he doesn't cry ALL the time. Note to self.

And two things I wanted to remember about Kyla:

1. Carter was wearing overalls one day and Kyla said, "I love Carter's underdogs." I think I like even better.

2. One morning, she was in a bad mood and refused to "read" her verse in the scriptures. Later that day, she came to me, very concerned, and said, "Am I on Satan's team because I didn't read my scriptures today?" She was happy to learn that no one under 8 can be on "Satan's team," and that she could read her scriptures the next day.

6 comments:

Lana said...

Damon looks so cute in his suit! And he has the best smile. The girls dresses look awesome! So glad you got them. :)

Ann Mitchell said...

Great pics!

Greg and Tammy said...

Damon look SO handsome in his suit. He is really growing into such a little man. And the girls look darling in their matchy matchy dresses!

Satan's team. I love it. I gotta use that one with Emma.

And could you please explain futsal? Never heard of it.

Michelle said...

We have those same PJ's that Carter is wearing. Love them especially around Christmas time when I put them on with a Santa Hat.

All the pictures you took look great. Love the ones of McKay. I took some newborn shots myself last week too and hopefully will be posting a few of them soon.

Heather B said...

Yeah- what is futsal, and why the funny name? And I cannot BELIVE how big Kyla and Allie look. So grown up! They look gorgeous (and what did you do to get them smiling so big? So cute!) Also, wow, Damon looks amazing in his suit. Miss you guys!

Malinovka said...

Kylas's comment is awesome! :) LOVE these photos! Damon is so handsome, and I'm just loving all the matchy girls photos--can't believe how grown up they are! What cute kids.