Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ballet

For the past 3 months, Allie and Kyla have been taking a ballet class at the rec center. It was a two day a week class, so it was a fairly substantial time commitment for me (3:30-5:00 on Mondays and Wednesdays), but I knew they needed to experience dance to see how they liked it. I was surprised with how much Kyla complained. And how little Allie did. Kyla's class was pre-ballet and only 30 minutes long. Allie's was 50 minutes and she often had to miss playing at the park (when the weather was nice). But Allie really seemed to enjoy it. Kyla got bored.

Last week, they had their dance "recital." Jeff was late getting there, so I was trying to wrestle with the babies and still take video of their performances (which were all about 1 minute long, thankfully, so we were done in about an hour with the whole thing). It got a little crazy, but it was a fun night.

This is what McKay liked doing. Playing among the chairs.

 

Carter was not happy to be there and especially not happy that he couldn't have my attention.


Damon was a fan of the actual dancing. Surprised?


After the performances, I had the girls pose for a few dancing pics. This is what they came up with.





Overall, it was a fun experience. If they ask to do dance again, I will probably sign them up. If not, I won't push it. They are going to try a gymnastics class in January so we'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sammie did the rec center dance for 3 different semesters, and she seemed to enjoy it. The back and forth twice a week was hard for me, so now she goes to a girl's house for one hour per week. They do ballet, tap and gymnastics all in one and I carpool with my neighbor. It's been pretty nice, and it goes from Sept. to May. I really want her to do just gymnastics because I think she'd really enjoy it, but we're not there yet. Where are you planning to take the girls?