In January, the girls started a gymnastics class twice a week with a bunch of neighbor friends. They LOVED it. They got to do four events-the bars, the beam, a vault-like trampoline, and an inclined mat where they practiced rolls and stuff. I really want them to try lots of different activities so they can find out what they're good at and want to stick with in the future. I can see Kyla wanting to stick with gymnastics. She has good upper body strength and is fairly natural.
The last class ended with a medal ceremony, which was quite thrilling. Allie, who was on her way to a poetry night for her class (hence the skirt over her leotard, an attempt to throw together one outfit that would serve both purposes), so we didn't have much time to get many pictures. Here are their best poses:
A moving shot on the bars. A little blurry.
Like I said, we went straight to Allie's poetry night at school. I only got video of Allie's poem, but took a picture of these cute boys in Allie's class. The little blonde one is Timmy, and Kyla thinks he is going to be her husband (he is the one she said, "When I saw him, I thought in my mind, 'I'm going to marry him.'"). Well, just after this picture, Timmy burst out in tears (embarrassed by the moment, not my snapping pics of him) and found comfort with his teacher. Kyla looked at me and whispered, "my husband is crying." Haha, it was funny.
Nearly every morning, when Jeff leaves for work, the kids go outside to wave good-bye. It started because Carter would cry every time he left, and we found that if we went out to wave, he didn't get upset. Now, as soon as Jeff walks out the garage door, Carter bolts for the front door, and we all follow.
Sometimes, if Jeff isn't in a big rush, he will go around the circle and pass by again (this tradition was started by my parents, who always do a couple of laps on their way out of town, often throwing change out the window like some awesome parade). I grabbed the camera one morning for the big farewell.
And here's Jeff coming around again. Yay for fun traditions that develop on their own.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, Kyla's husband comments are cracking me up. And the image of mom and dad throwing coins out the window like a parade. So funny.
That stuff about Kyla is so funny. Hey, she knows what she wants...no use pretending otherwise.
And that is really cute that the kids all wave and Jeff drives around. It must make him feel pretty important being the one IN the parade. :)
someone bought that lot????? darn that would have been a fun community park!! lol
do you know the people
?
I like the view of the porta-potty you have!
I am laughing so hard, I love to think of Jeff as THE PARADE, so funny, I have to give dad credit for the going around the circle and throwing money out, he cracks me up. He sure does love his grandkids!!! And I love being married to HIM!
I have to say , I thought the same thing as Tara, "HEY, where did that house come from??"
Post a Comment