Wednesday, February 01, 2012

January Funnies

I decided I would be better about documenting the funny things that come out of the mouths of the kids. So I hung a blank sheet of paper on the wall and wrote down the things that made me laugh. Here's the list for January:

Kyla- "I want to change my name to Rosetta!"

Carter walked into the family room, holding a sharp knife and a package of pudding. He had used the knife to puncture the pudding wrapper and eat the contents. Kyla exclaimed when seeing him, "we didn't see THAT coming!"

Kyla-"Excuse me! I just burped in my mind."

One night, Jeff saw that Carter wasn't finishing his pizza and took it away, attempting to take a bite of it. Carter looked at him with a mean look, pointed to his plate, and said, "Pizza. Right there." Jeff promptly gave it back.

Kyla came in crying one day, "Allie said I'm a poo!"

Allie, in the middle of the night: "Mom! Kyla, wake up! Move over, I'm falling off the bed!" I'm not sure whether it was a bad dream or reality, but the situation resolved itself on its own.

Damon, who had been doing a biography report on Harry Houdini, on why we NEEDED to attend the circus that was coming to town: "We have to go to the circus because Harry inspired me!"

Kyla, during a prayer, said, "Please help me to find more money on the ground."

One day at the library, Allie asked me what we were having for dinner. I told her beef and broccoli over rice. She said in all seriousness, "I'd rather eat throw up."

One night we were watching the Australian Open tennis tournament and Carter was very excited about watching a show where balls were hit back and forth. I pushed pause (or so I thought) so we could say a family prayer. During the middle of the prayer, Carter yelled out, "Hooray!" We quickly finished the prayer, snickering, and I asked what was so exciting. Damon told us that Carter was cheering for the tennis match.

Kyla, to her very white friend at preschool, "Does your mom have brown skin?" To which her friend answered no. A minute later the friend asked, "Do I have brown skin?"

Finally, Kyla has been working on her reading, and likes to clarify words by using them in a sentence after sounding them out. Two of my favorites from January:
1. "C-o-w. Like the cow got shot."
and 2. "D-o-g. Like the dog got eated."

I realize that most of these quotes come from Kyla, which can be explained by the fact that she's four and says lots of funny things, and that she is around more than the other kids. At least the kids who can talk.


3 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

great idea to have a go to paper for these moments. I know my older kids love hearing funny things they did/said when they were little--wish I could remember more. With this method I don't have to 'remember' them!

Laura said...

funny. I totally don't do this much anymore. I used to be good at writing them down or my kids have gotten less funny, I am not sure. I like the idea of the paper on the wall.

Greg and Tammy said...

Those are awesome!!!! Cute idea.