Allie turned seven on Monday. After changing her mind repeatedly over what she wanted to do for her party, she finally decided that she wanted a Skittle cake. Easy peasy. And so delicious (according to all the guests).
We also came up with the idea of a "makeover party." My niece and her friend came and helped with the party. We painted fingernails and toenails, did hair and makeup and had a fashion show. It was seriously fun and the girls looked awesome! I asked them all questions (favorite color, what they wanted to be when they grew up, etc) and read their answers as they walked the "red carpet" and posed for some pictures. Here are the shots of Kyla and Allie as they posed for me.
The crew
The makeup artists
McKay
Allie is a fun girl. We have our battles (more about that soon), but I sure love her. She is smart (WAAAY smarter than I gave her credit for), tender-hearted, and loving.
She loves spaghetti and breadsticks (her request for her birthday dinner), reading and writing stories, singing at the top of her lungs (when she thinks no one is listening), and playing. She has lost 12 teeth and is going to need a lot of orthodontic work (good thing she has a good orthodontist!). She loves makeup and side ponytails and pretty dresses. She reads Spanish with great expression (says her teacher), and even though she doesn't understand much, she has a great accent.
Of all the girls at her party, she was the only one who said she wants to be a mom when she grows up. I know she'll be a great one. If we can only survive the next 15 years or so until I can convince a great young man to take a chance on her!
I do love my Allie girl. And she has made me a better mom.
1 comment:
Cute party but I don't need to "pin" this idea since I won't EVER be throwing a party like this unless it's for a granddaughter!!
Post a Comment