Kyla recently reached the 100th day of school and was supposed to bring 100 of "something" to school to celebrate. She decided to string 100 cheerios on a string. Allie was helping and they were so cute.
They only dropped the string two or three times and had to start over (don't ask why Allie was wearing Carter's Thomas pj top. I don't know the answer to that).
Jeff had some trade left with a company that manages trades, and decided it was a good time to get the garage floor coated. It was quite the process--we had to empty everything out and leave stuff scattered around the house and outside for over a week. We even had to unplug the freezer, which was a bit of a hassle since I still had a bunch of beef in there. I fit in as much as I could inside (the steaks and good stuff) and we left the rest in an ice chest out in the snow. Fortunately, the temperature outside never got above freezing and all the meat stayed frozen solid (along with the two bags of ice in there) all week.
Little boys peeking out the door
Close up of the vinyl and flakes. I really like it.
Last week we had a couple days of sickness. Fortunately it was nothing too bad. First it was McKay. He had a slight fever, no appetite, and cried nearly every moment he was awake for 24 hours. He was pretty miserable. I let him sleep with us (so he wouldn't wake Carter) and it was a long night for all of us. He was fine the next day. Here he is snuggling with Jeff.
Carter got whatever bug it was a couple days later. Exactly the same. He had a low grade fever, no appetite and was lethargic. Carter was a much nicer sick boy. He didn't cry all that much, but just slept a lot. Unfortunately for us, it was on Valentine's Day that Carter was sick, and so we didn't get to use the free babysitting at the church, and instead ate our Cafe Rio takeout on the couch where Carter was asleep between us. Super romantic.
We made sugar cookies for the girls I visit teach (and some for us as well), which is always fun. They turned out really yummy! Not quite as good as my mom's but we're working on it!
The kids also dressed in their Valentine finest. Cute.
I sure love these kids. And that's what Valentine's is all about.
1 comment:
Love the garage floor! Glad your sickness did not include vomit or antibiotics!
Post a Comment