I found Carter getting into his pajamas at 4:55 pm (and this has happened several times since) and I asked him what he was doing. He told me, "It's getting a little bit dark, so I need jammies."
Talking with Allie, I told her her baptism is going to be May 4th. Damon quickly piped up with, "May the Fourth be with you? That's the day Star Wars came out!"
After having some problems with Allie calling from school, saying she didn't feel well and wanting to come home early, Jeff and I had a talk with the kids about how important school is. Jeff told them that if they don't take school seriously, they won't be able to get a good job and earn enough money to support themselves and their families. A day or two later, Kyla wasn't feeling well and I asked her if she felt like she should stay home from school. She told me, "No, I have to go to school or I won't be able to get enough money."
Carter, at breakfast one morning, randomly announced, "I like Jesus, Satan and Snow White." He was quickly reprimanded by his siblings for including Satan in his list.
Carter told McKay one morning, "If you don't eat all your breakfast, you're not going to get a treat from me!" Clearly, he's been learning from his older siblings about manipulation. And making promises you can't keep.
Kyla was playfully hitting Carter with a yardstick, and he told her, "Don't hit me! It's not good for my body!"
Kyla was showering with me one morning and was looking for my loofah to wash herself. She asked, "where's your hula?"
And finally, from the Self-Confidence File, Kyla told me, "All the boys like me and follow me around." I asked her why they did that, and she said, "because I have a pretty face!"
2 comments:
Those are so awesome! The self-confidence file... hahaha
I love the funnies. Keep em comin
Post a Comment