Thursday, May 09, 2013

Allie is Eight!

More on Allie's baptism coming, but here are the pics from her birthday party. She wanted to have a late night movie party, and this is what we came up with:


She said she loves my homemade cakes. I'm not sure why, I'm no cake wizard, but it was important to her, so I made her one. She picked Barbie and the Pink Shoes as the movie to watch, so that's why we went with the ballet slippers.




The girls decorated some aprons, played games, ate mini pizzas, watched the movie had cake and ice cream and then opened presents and played. It was a lot of fun!






We got her a new bike for her birthday



And she got her ears pierced. 




She and I went to dinner at her favorite place, Pizza Pie Cafe, and had our first "Talk." It went well. I think
she was fine with everything we discussed. We talked about basic anatomy and how babies are made. She had one question. "Does the mom and dad have to do that in front of the nurse?" I quickly corrected her, reminding her that babies take nine months to grow. Other than that, though, she just listened and frequently changed the subject.


Allie is a very sweet girl. We have had our differences, and I know we will continue to have differences in the future, but I'm so lucky to be her mom. She certainly has made me a better mom, as I have had to come up with multiple ways to try to help her learn and grow.

More to come...

No comments: