Friday, May 10, 2013

Funnies

I haven't posted these in a while. I just didn't have enough. Either I'm not very good at recording them, or my kids just haven't been very funny lately. Ha! Here are the ones I DID manage to write down:

Damon was trying to do his homework one day, and our house was rather chaotic (just as it is every day). He said, "I can't think! There's too much din in here!"

Carter likes to watch movie trailers on the iPad, and one of his favorites is Life of Pi. He was watching it one day and I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I'm watching apple pie!"

I was having a discussion with Allie about why I don't like sleepovers. After going over many reasons, I highlighted this one: "Your friends might have a crush on Damon, and they could spend more time trying to impress him than spending time with you." Allie thought about this for a second and said, "Why would they like Damon? He's not even cute!"

The girls in Damon's class had their maturation assembly. Damon came home and told me, "the girls weren't in class today, because they had maternity."

Carter is always hungry. On the same day, he said, "my skin is hungry," and then "my neck is hungry." Poor boy needs food!

I made a "to do" list for Kyla one morning of all the things I wanted her to accomplish that day. She read the list, then added "get marid" to the bottom. Fortunately, she didn't get married, and that one remained unchecked for now.

We went to Golden Corral with the kids in Arizona, where a woman kept coming over to clear our plates. Kyla was mesmerized, and said, "It's like she's our servant!"

We also visited a pioneer museum while we were on our trip. One of the buildings there was set up like an old store, filled with artifacts on the walls, counters, etc. There was a man working there behind the counter. He was in a wheelchair and had an eye patch, and I assume he was there to keep an eye on all the stuff inside so that nothing was stolen. But he wasn't immediately visible to the kids until he started talking. Kyla was startled, and screeched, "Ahhh!" We tried to cover it up so that he wasn't offended and hustled the kids outside. Jeff and I were laughing about it, and when Kyla told us he looked like a pirate, Carter piped up, "He WAS a pirate!"

One Sunday during sacrament meeting, McKay fell off the pew and hit his head on the hymnal holder. He started crying, Jeff took him out, and brought him back in when he had calmed down. He had a red mark on his forehead and Allie touched it, asking, "what's that?" He pointed to the spot and said, "my head." Duh.

Kyla had to write down three wishes for school. Her list said: 1. to be a princess, 2. to look cuot (cute), and 3. to be a mom. That about sums her up right now.

On our drive to Arizona, Damon told us, "The Navajo used the buffalo hides for their tee-pees." Allie immediately asked, "They had tvs?"

We were listening to The Spirit of God on our drive, and at the end, Carter called out, "cock-a-doodle-doo!" I guess he thought the song called for it.

We played some car games on our long drive. Allie was making up new acronymns for the Never Eat Soggy Waffles, and came up with "Never Eat Soggy Whales." Kyla, not really understanding the game, came up with "Never Sniff Stinky Butts." Also good advice.

We also played a game where each person adds one word to the phrase until we made a sentence. Here were a couple of our favorites:

I bathe occasionally in oil.
I smell stinky bums and mozzarella.
My arms ache regularly.

McKay came upstairs and told me he was poopie. Carter, not believing, wanted to check. He couldn't see anything. Then I went in for a peek. As soon as I pulled back his diaper, McKay said, "Ewww, Kayters!" Always believe McKay in matters of poop.

After Allie got baptized, McKay got interested in it. He asked me, "Bexley get baptized?"

1 comment:

Ann Mitchell said...

Does your school do the boys' maturation program in 6th grade? We've usually done 5th girls and 6th boys. They made us do 5th boys this year. The boys were SHELL SHOCKED!!! 5th grade boys are too young!