McKay is back in underwear and doing fantastic! I didn't want to jinx anything, but he hasn't had an accident in weeks and even wakes up dry most mornings (in a pull up), so I think it's safe to say that he is potty-trained. We are a diaper free house from here on out!
I can really say that with confidence, because Jeff had a vasectomy last month. He hasn't been tested to see if it was successful yet, but I'm not going to get my IUD removed until he gets the all clear. We are really done having babies. And I'm really okay with it.
Carter is going through an anxious stage and doesn't like to leave my side. It's become quite annoying, because if he can't find me for 30 seconds, he starts crying. One day I found him running around the neighborhood looking for me, freaking out. I had been in the basement cleaning the bathroom, but he didn't happen to even look down there. I'm pretty sure it's just a phase, and I'm hoping it ends sooner rather than later, because I don't need my little shadow following me EVERYWHERE!
Kyla had a good soccer season, and really has a lot of natural ability. I'm not sure how much drive she has, though, because she could become disinterested quite easily. She is back in tumbling (has been for a few months) and is really doing well. She practices at home on the trampoline a lot and did a round off back handspring yesterday in class for the first time. She is great at backflips and handsprings on the trampoline as well. She has been known to walk around the house saying, "My name is Kyla, and it doesn't matter what I do, I look good doing it." Definitely her motto.
Allie had a really fun birthday (I hope) and is really into Ever After High right now. She got the second book in the series for her birthday and one of the dolls as well. She is trying to save enough money to get another doll, too. She got a lot better this soccer season. She seems to understand the game a lot better and improved a lot. It was fun to watch her, although she still seems to be running in slow motion a lot of the time. Allie's anxiety has been pretty bad lately, and she doesn't ever want to be left alone. Not even with Damon, who has babysat many times before. She also really struggles with time management in the morning (I'm not sure how it will be when she has 8:00 school next year) and we still fight about her hair (and how she doesn't want to brush it) almost daily. I got to teach Junior Achievement in Allie's class this year, and it was so fun to be in her environment. I really enjoyed getting to know her classmates and spending time with her there.
Damon is super busy. He hasn't finished soccer yet, but has already started baseball. He works hard in school and gets all his work done without me having to bug him about it. He usually doesn't complain about all that he has to do, but he doesn't like piano and wants to quit. He tried to bargain with me, saying if he learned Fur Elise he would be done. I told him he can quit when he can sight read 20 hymns. We're still pretty far apart, so he will be continuing piano. Jeff got to be a watch DOG at the kids' school a couple weeks ago, and spent time in all of their classes. He was really impressed with Damon's teacher and how well she is preparing them for junior high. Damon tested into the ALL program at Lakeridge, so he will continue his advanced learning in a couple of subjects. That will be interesting, to say the least!
Jeff is really busy as well. He's working a lot in New Mexico for his brother. It's a little bit hard to have him gone so much, but I know it's a huge blessing for our family. It is definitely worth it financially to get some extra money to pay loans down. He will only be working until December there, so we'll just ride the train while we have the chance.
I am both looking forward to, and dreading, summer. I love all the fun stuff we will be able to do, but it's so chaotic here, and I feel like my house is never clean. Oh well, take the good with the bad. There will be a lot of stuff we can do once school is out. I will just keep reminding myself of that. I am still working out three days a week with my friend Rachel here at my house, and that has been a really good thing. We are starting futsal again in our stake, and I will go do that as well. The weather has been nice (some days) and I have been able to take the little guys on a few bike rides. That has been really fun and a great workout (they are getting heavy!).

2 comments:
Great update! I wish Kalia would try to play sports! Ella's anxiety has been pretty bad too lately. I was talking to Lara Andersen about it. Her brother is a psychologist and gave her done tips for Bryce. He suggested doing something physically hard (trampoline jumping or leap frogging around the house) to distract them and help snap them out of it. I tried it on Ella and it worked pretty good. The other thing was to make them put their face in really cold water. Again, kinda shocks their system or something? The only stipulation is that the cold water thing must be done once when they are calm so it doesn't become a bad association thing. Good luck being a single mommy! Whew! Worth it for sure! So happy for you and McKay.
I hope Damon gets Sara Hacken as his teacher at Lakeridge. I have taken classes from her for 6 or 7 years...she teaches the history teachers in the district history classes. Plus, she was just "Teacher of the Year" in both the district and the state!
Post a Comment