Occasionally, our neighbor comes over to play with the kids and I am free to cook in silence. It's wonderful. Today was just such a day. The nice weather coupled with the presence of our neighbor meant Damon and Allie were free to roam outside while Kyla and I took care of dinner. It was blissful. Here are some of my thoughts from dinner prep tonight (WARNING-very random):
- I need to drink more water so my body will produce more milk.
- Some chickens, like people, have very big breasts. Others have very small breasts.
- I wonder if roosters are more attracted to big breasted chickens?
- Why does salt make water boil faster?
- (while washing my hands) Why don't they make some kind of anti-bacterial rub for raw chickens that would eliminate the salmonella danger?
- I always hated when my mom would "dirty up" the sour cream by using a dirty spatula to scoop it out. Why do I do it too?
- Did I sweep today, or did Kyla eat those cheerios I saw earlier on the floor?
- Whoa, that's a lot of sour cream. Too much? Probably not.
- I wonder if Allie has shoes on. Chances are she doesn't. I wonder if the neighbor thinks I'm a bad mom. Chances are she does.
- Who's that coming in the door? Jeff is home early!
- (realizing how much water I've had to drink) Man, I gotta pee.
We had a nice dinner (rice-a-roni chicken casserole) together. Damon announced that he doesn't want to get a job when he grows up. He wants his wife to work so he can stay home with his kids (his exact words were, "so I can hold the babies and kiss them"). And when his kids are old enough, he will let them do all the work while he watches them. And watches tv. I love his ambition. I love family dinner. Now if I could just get MY kids to clean up the mess so I can watch some tv...
12 comments:
ya know that's not as random as some might think! I TOTALLY followed you. So either we are both random or....freaking awesome! Let's go with the latter!
Here's a random thought...why doesn't your avatar have a smile. I've always heard if ya fake a smile it'll be yours. You know...smile till you really are happy. You just don't strike me as someone with a scowl?!
You really need to get in a dinner group!! It saves my life on a weekly basis and has lifted so much drama from my life!!!
I definitely followed the stream of conciousness.
Damon is a smart boy. He needs to teach me the tactics he will use so I can start training my young ones to do all the work.
Sounds similar. Although, we don't even have a backyard to let the kids loose in. I would love that! Damon is one smart kid!:)
I love your thoughts. I also love Damon's ideas!! They were both great!
hmmm...good thoughts during dinner cooking. I especially liked the one about different sized breasts! Isn't it funny how men and boys think staying home means loving babies and then (not) watching kids who are completely able to keep care of themselves. Sometimes I think I should alter my attitude to be so simple and less stressed so I'd enjoy the kids more and worry less.
You're so funny! I like random! I have random thoughts all the time. Maybe I'll have to post some of them!
that made me laugh out loud...and then into a coughing fit (we're sick out here in no man's land). And you did a great job of looking fierce! :)
Very entertaining you are. Those thoughts you had, my thoughts exactly during dinner. My mind wanders to every time I pick up a spatula.
Great post. The witching hour is the worst, but it seems at least some of the dinner prep has to be done then, even if you've previously worked on the meal.
Damon......to die for! I was laughing so hard about his comment. He is too smart for his age! And so sweet! I too hate the 4-6 and my neighbor makes fun of my because I love to crock pot. Start early and don't have to worry about it, but I'm running out of recipes!
Post a Comment