Allie likes to help me do the dishes. Although, usually she starts washing dishes and ends up washing her baby dolls instead. Still, I pretend like she's actually helping and let her do it. There is a limit to the number of dishes I like to wash a day...
She also likes to dress herself, and has been reminding me more and more of Punky Brewster lately. I actually let her leave the house the other day looking like this:
Her "rose dress," which she wears at least five days a week, leggings because I reminded her it was cold outside, her new socks and shoes, and a hoodie, because she doesn't like any other jackets that she has. She's standing in front of Kyla's pack n play in the store room, AKA Kyla's room. Kyla proved to us all yesterday that she can climb out of both the crib and the pack n play (she succumbed to our repeated chants of "show us!") , which could make for a very interesting nap time today.Kyla also has started this funny facial expression when you say, "show me your smile!"
I don't know exactly what she thinks she's doing, but we find it quite hilarious. She also does it when she is embarrassed and wants to disappear.Allie emptied out Damon's tool box one day and filled it with her own "tools."
I laughed too hard to be upset. Besides, I haven't had much use for these lately, anyway. My body is still trying to figure out that I'm not pregnant anymore, and I'm patiently waiting to have another period so we can assume that everything is working properly. Maybe I should keep the tool box around just in case...The kids have also been enjoying the snow, although we really need a fresh layer of powder if we want to play in it again. We went sledding one day and found a kid's snowboard on the side of the road. Damon impressed us all by learning to ride down the hill without crashing. It only took him a few tries and now he proudly announces, "I am the only person in my family who knows how to snowboard." He can't wait to go again, but all the good snow is gone.
Damon can play out in the snow for hours. He wears his bibs and boots to school every day so he will be ready for recess. Kyla can stay outside a long time, too, and doesn't seem to mind the cold. Allie, on the other hand, can last about 20 minutes. Then she has had enough. Jeff and I giggle every time we get KyKy dressed up in her snow suit. There is just something that screams A Christmas Story ("wait up guys!")
Damon, in what has become his "school uniform."
9 comments:
UGH! Dishes by hand! We had to do that in Hawaii and it got old real fast (and there were only two of us!) Those are fun pictures. Kalia has figured out how to climb out of the pack and play (we found out at Christmas in Phx) so I had to do things supernanny style-- picking her up and putting her right back in every time she got out. It only took 6 times for her to give up, but that was just one time, so who knows if Kyla will put up more of a fight. Good luck!!
I'm loving Allie's toolbox. I think you should keep in in the back of your car for "emergencies". Your kids are growing up so fast and they are dang cute too. I saw your mom at the store a few weeks ago and had a good chat with her. She's an amazing woman and she looks WONDERFUL! I hope you are doing well and I think about you a lot...miss ya.
I like your kids :)
I LOVE the "tools" in the toolbox. It's always so funny to catch kids playing with them.
Lots of really cute pictures!! I hear you about the school uniform. It seems like that's all my daughter wears to school: her snow boots and coat. At least she doesn't have to worry about what shoes to wear with her outfits!
You're such a great mom for letting Allie dress herself the way she wants too. I still haven't let my daughter go to the store in her princess dresses. She would love to but I can somehow convince her it's too cold and princesses need to wear pants when they go to the store. Hopefully that excuse will outlast her princess stage.
still laughing. allie is hilarious. kids...they're allowed to leave the house like that and other people look at them and smile. now if i were to leave my house in an outfit such as that, then others would stare, secretly wondering what in the world was i thinking? why the double standard? kids, that's it. they are hilarious. thanks for the pics. and yes, a christmas story. good times.
I haven't checked on anyone's blog in so long that I am beginning to feel like I am removed from the world. How sad is that? Anyway, it looks like you are still up and kicking. Your kids are getting so big. I love seeing what they are up to.
I absolutely LOVE Allie's toolbox!!
Whenever my kids want me to get them dressed for the snow, I just think "Ugh." Sammie will play for 5 minutes and want to come in. I should just go out and play with them, but then I think "Ugh." :)
Love the punky brewster...for sure! That is hilarious with the tampons....seriously....a day in your life is so eventful! Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment