Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Lately

I'm doing this post backwards, since that is the way the pictures loaded. See this cute, innocent face? She is posing here doing her favorite activity, finishing Damon and Allie's breakfast. Hence the 3 bowls and 3 spoons. And doesn't she look thrilled?

Don't be fooled, though. She is trouble. Yesterday she drew all over the leather couch and ottoman with a pen. It's hard to see in this pic, so you may need to click on it to enlarge to see some of her work. All three cushions of the couch, the seat of the love seat look like this ottoman. The pic is shiny because I sprayed hairspray on all the pen to try to get it out. NOTHING worked. Hairspray, hand sanitizer, tooth paste, soft scrub, magic eraser...nothing. Kyla is in BIG trouble. Honestly, I am so bummed out about having to put this furniture in our beautiful new house. I keep reminding myself that we're not taking the couches to heaven, but we are taking KyKy (hopefully). It still hasn't made it any easier. Anyone know any miracle solutions?


This is Damon and his second cousin, James, on the last day of first grade. They were lucky enough to be in the same class this year, and although they didn't know each other when school began, his mom and I were pretty excited about it.

Here is Damon with his teacher, Mrs. Wayment. She has been such a great teacher for him, not letting him get away with decent work, but always pushing him to do better. I am so grateful for that, because I know it would be easy to just let him slide by. I know he's a much better student because of the expectations she had for him this year.

This is Damon's "Horse Group." His friends from school. It took him a long time to admit that most of his friends were girls. I already knew that, but I think he didn't want to disappoint Jeff. I'm not exactly sure why they were the "Horse Group," but I think it had something to do with pretending to be horses. At least, that would explain all the grass stains on his pants throughout the year. I was surprised to see one other boy included. I hadn't heard that any other boys were involved. Jeff is anxious to get him in another school. :)

I love this last pic. Jeff was getting ready for a camping trip last week and was getting all the air out of his sleeping pad. The kids thought he was asking for a dog pile. Don't they look like they are having so much fun?

12 comments:

Jacqui said...

It may sound crazy, but have you tried baby wipes? They seem to work on everything!

The Leggs said...

Your kids are so fun! I love reading about them. KyKy is precious, sorry about your couch!

Krystal Trapnell said...

p.s. I am no longer claiming Kyla as my favorite.

Heather B said...

Kalia did the same thing to our leather couch, and though people SWORE online that perfume takes it out, it didn't do a thing for us and I am bummed too. DANG IT! Those pics of Damon are cute. And Jeff looks very squashed in that last picture. :)

Heather B said...

Oh, and P.S., Kyla must have gotten your metabolism, the way she eats, you'd think she'd be totally obese! But no!

Greg and Tammy said...

Jeff especially looks like he is having a blast at the bottom of the pile. :) Sorry about the pen work. UGH. I know this doesn't help now... but we ended up getting micro fiber for our couches because you can get pen and other stains right out.

TEAM ALOFIPO said...

that ky ky! ya microfiber is the way to go, I can get anything out of it. maybe Jeff will let you get one!!!

Kristen Mackrory said...

So sad about your couches!! I feel sick for you. If the marks are still there when we get back to Provo, I have a product that may work on it. It is Sol-u-mel, a product that the company Jared used to work for makes. You have to be a member to buy it, so you can use ours in August.

I loved that Kyla eats the other kids cereal. hilarious!

Robin said...

Did you try nail pollish remover? I don't know if it's safe for the leather, so try it in a secret spot first.
Good luck. Glad you have your priorities straight, I'm afraid of what punishment our kids would get for that.

Anonymous said...

Try Isopropyl alcohol on you leather. most pharmacies will have you may have to ask.
It should take it out and NOT hurt the leather.

Anonymous said...

My leather is a lot lighter than yours but I use mr. clean magic sponge things....they take dirt off I didn't even know was there! I'd test somewhere you'll never see just in case it takes color out too! :)

Lyndsi said...

Krystal - these pictures are so cute!! I especially love the breakfast one. :) So sorry about your couch. Our house is filled with masterpieces by my children. I have tried and been somewhat successful with Paul Mitchell hairspray...but I heard a quote once that went something like this..."Our home is a place of self-expression, not first impressions." Makes me feel a little better. Anyway, I keep thinking when my kids are grown, I will greatly miss the little reminders they leave for us.