It shouldn't be too hard. I know parents aren't supposed to have favorites, and I will vehemently deny it if ever asked by my children, but Kyla is just so easy to love. She is friendly, happy and adventurous and I love having her in my life every single day. At two years old, she loves everything that Allie loves, and always wants to look pretty. She tries to count everything (usually skipping 4 and 5) and lets you know what color it is (she knows most colors, but struggles with blue, and mixes up white and black). She still eats a lot, but has slowed down somewhat. She is completely attached to her cow and binky, and I am dreading the day we take them away from her. She is going to be moving into a big girl bed in our new house, and will be sharing a room with Allie. Heaven help us all.
For her birthday, we had a small family celebration. I made her a cake (all she asked for was a pink cake and her Grandma Karen. She got one of the two), which she loved.
She got two Barbie's and a baby doll. Just what she loves. Allie suggested we name one of the Barbie's "Grandma Karen." We'll see if that sticks. She loved being sung to and getting to blow out her candles (we did it twice). Birthdays are so easy when kids are young. I love it.
We took a trip to the cemetery to visit Great-Grandpa and Grandma Trapnell, Great-Grandpa and Grandma Thygerson and Great-Aunt Lo, as we celebrated Memorial Day a little early. The cemetery was gorgeous, and nearly every grave had fresh flowers, which Kyla promptly sniffed.
Here are the kids with Tyson. Three of the four probably have no clue what was going on, but I think Damon understood. That's all that matters.
5 comments:
What an absolute doll!! Happy Birthday to the cutest 2-year-old around!!!
She is adorable and looks so happy! I think it's great that you took your kids to the cemetery. We thought about it and then never did it, so I am making it a priority for next year. Oh, and congrats on the new home (I just got caught up on your blog). It is beautiful!
how adorable is that 2 year old girlie? VERY!!!
Happy birthday! I too am loving my two year old daughter. Good luck with the new house.
Happy Birthday dear Kyky! That's so cute that she loves Grandma Karen so much. Nice job on the cake too. Kalia skips 4 and 5 too...what's with these girls?
Post a Comment