You know when she doesn't even want to go outside that something is wrong. Swine flu crossed my mind (she did start with a runny nose/respiratory issues), but Jeff told me I was being ridiculous. I'm sure I was. She is now back to her normal self, saving roly-poly's, worms and wasps from the bug eating ants in the backyard.The other thing that happened before I went to CA was that Damon started baseball. We have been practicing with him for several weeks, and he has improved so much. Which is good, since he didn't even know how to throw a ball when we started working with him. Jeff still gets frustrated because he remembers sports always coming easy to him, and Damon has a tendency to pout when he's not perfect at it. Still, a sight like this always warms my heart.

Ultimately, he may choose acting/singing over sports, but we're not going to give up without letting him experience every sport imaginable before giving in. First grade baseball here in Mapleton is the best, because everyone gets to hit (and gets enough pitches that they DO hit), so he has had nothing but positive experiences so far. He's not the best on his team, but he's also not the worst.
And speaking of baseball, one night Allie was brushing her teeth, and Jeff was instructing her on how to hold the toothbrush. He told her to "choke up" on the toothbrush, which meant nothing at all to her. He then explained, "hold it higher." She then lifted her chin and raised her arm as high as she could, "holding it higher" as she brushed. We got a good laugh out of that.
4 comments:
i'm glad kyla is feeling better! also, i'm glad damon is getting his feet wet with different sports! i'm sure he'll do great!
He looks so handsome in that uniform...there's just somethin about a uniform :)
love the uniform. the house looks AMAZING, congrats! so fun that you got a weekend in SD and i am dying about your pee story. one time i peed in the gutter down by venice beach bc i couldn't find a bathroom and didn't want to buy anything either!
Choke up on it eh? I think I'll try using that one in the dental office sometime...just for a laugh!
Post a Comment