I love this pic of the three kids hanging out in the double stroller while we waited for our missionary.

It was so much fun to watch him walking toward us, and we waited patiently by security until he made it over to hug us. I may not have jumped up and down like my mom did (there's an awesome video clip on Facebook Eric posted of that welcome home), but I was excited inside. Here is the waiting party (minus my aunt and me, who were snapping pics).

The girls were nervous, but Damon immediately dropped down into the straddle splits the second Eric got close to us. We have been telling Damon for a while now that he is "Little Eric," and he wanted to prove the point right there in the airport. Allie and Kyla warmed up a little, but were never overly friendly. I love this one of Damon and Eric, though, and I hope Damon remembers this day forever.
Damon must have been planning his outfit out, too, because he wanted to wear this sweater over a polo with cargo shorts. I guess he thinks he looks nice.Damon took this one of Eric and me, which is why we look a little "larger than life."
It was a great day, and I know he was welcomed again in St. George to a huge crowd. I am so proud of my brother for his service and am so glad he's home.
11 comments:
so happy for your family!!! i love that damon did the splits right there when he saw him! so funny!
That kinda' looks like the same little kid that used to run around at the v-ball games. He's a bit more grown up--totally missionary looking :)
Wow he really has grown into quite the handsome young man. Weird to think he was ..what? 12 last time I saw him at your wedding and 10 when I met you? Wow..time flies
I love your pics and the ones below as well. What is is about that age and swim suits? They are not comfy...they don't look comfy and their buts cannot like it...they are always hanging out! I love her poses!!! Priceless! Good job on the talk. You guys are awesome!
I love all your posts about Allie and her clothes...it reminds me of Emily and when she wanted to wear her swimsuit everywhere or when she wore a Snow White costume every day for months. It drove me crazy but I miss it now...it ended all too soon.
THAT'S GREAT YOU GOT TO SEE HIM FOR A LITTLE BIT IN SLC! IT MAKES HIS LAYOVER EASIER! BOY, THAT TIME SURE FLEW!
Ok, your brother is like the boy version of you! You guys look so much alike. I never noticed it before. Krystal, you would be a hot guy too! Hee hee.
What a fun coincidence that he had a layover in SLC?!? My bro comes home in a few weeks too! You and your brother sure look like siblings! Both dashingly good looking! And HAPPY BDAY to ALLIE! Those pics are so great. I love your "crack" comment. I was dying.
That's so cool that he had a long enough layover in SLC that he could come out and see you. I assume you've gone to SG now for Mother's Day and his homecoming.
PS I'm waaaaay behind on reading your blog but will hopefully catch up tonight!
I think Eric looks like Heather. I saw the sign on the River Road bridge saying "welcome Elder Esplin" I couldn't believe he was already home. That must have been an exciting day for your family.
How exciting that you got to see him! He is a handsome missionary. Good luck to him as he makes the adjustment back to normal life!
Post a Comment