
I realize that I haven't said much about the house. I wanted to make sure everything was a go before I started getting all excited and braggy about it. While it's not 100% sure, we feel very confident that all the details will be worked out and we will be moving in shortly. Here's some background info: Jeff found the house on KSL, listed as a foreclosure owned by the bank. We knew it looked too nice for us, but the price was, surprisingly, within our range, so we went to take a look at it. We were there less than 24 hours after the family had been forced out (which still makes me sad to think about), and we instantly fell in love with it. It is all we wanted, and so much more!
Here was our list of things we really wanted:
1. 3 car garage, preferrably on the side of the house--CHECK
2. Office for Jeff, preferrably right off the entrance to the house--CHECK
3. Big family room with two-story ceilings--CHECK
4. Kitchen open to the family room, with the dining area off to the side--CHECK
5. Four bedrooms finished so we can stay in the house for a while without making a lot of changes--CHECK
6. Good size yard, not too big, not too small--CHECK
7. Closer to Jeff's office--CHECK (it is in south Orem, right on the Provo/Orem border)
As a bonus, we got things we hoped for, but didn't have our heart set on. A great view being one of them. I am still in a little bit of shock when I think that this is going to be our home. It's too big, it's too nice, and I feel like we don't deserve it. We were so lucky that we had the luxury to spend this past year looking, being picky, and figuring out what we really wanted in a home. We have been in so many homes this last year, and at times it was really frustrating, as I felt that we would never find what we were looking for. Now that it seems that we have, I am a huge mess of emotions. Mostly, though, I am two things--excited and overwhelmed. Excited because I get to live here, and overwhelmed because I have to try to keep it clean.
26 comments:
YEAH FOR YOU GUYS!!! CONGRATS!!! It is reall beautiful and you absolutely deserve it! All those years of school? You deserve the freakin' TAJ MAHAL my friend.
Can't wait to visit it up close and personal! Good luck with the move.
WOW! Awesome! I'm glad you waited too. Just shows that this house was meant for you.
Wow! That place is beautiful!!!Let me know how I can help :)
If any one is deserving, it would be you & Jeff. You're 2 of the best people I know. As for the house, it looks gorgeous & perfect for you guys!!! Maybe some day we'll come visit.
You can call it the Trapnell Castle. It is beautiful! I know what you mean about looking at houses. Jason wants to move and sometimes I just have to tell him that there is no "house hunting" talk allowed today. I don't want a bigger house because that means more for me to clean. I can barely clean our little house as it is. :) You deserve this house. It has your name written all over it.
Oh, i can't wait to come visit....I love it. You totally deserve it....brag away....share all the pics!
holy moly! that is a beautiful home! congrats!!!!!!
It looks beautiful. I want to see pics of the inside. How exciting for you guys!
The home is beautiful! You guys deserve it! Congrats!
This house is AMAZING! Did Allie call it "fantastic" :) I am so glad you guys found the perfect place.
You rock Krystal - so knock it off with the deserve it stuff!! It is gorgeous and fits all of your requirements and is what you have waited for. Perfect!! Hopefully you'll invite me over!
Excuuuse me!!! that is one awesome home! hallelujah! Congrats my friend.
Hey. Your house is awesome! What's the address? Daryl
All I can say is stop feeling guilty. We can constantly ask ourselves these questions but in the end you and Jeff have worked hard for what you have. Enjoy it; and then hire a maid to clean it :) LOL
One more thing; it is sooooo beautiful
WoW! You are living it! I'm excited for you guys--all that hard work is paying off. It even looks like there might be enough space for my family to stay in the north wing while we visit :)
I know where we'll be staying...if we EVER come that direction! That's super awesome, Krystal. It looks HUGEOMONGONORMOUS--I was trying to think of a big enough word to describe it. SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS is just used too much!
Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! Can't wait to see it in person, but it looks amazing! AND, you guys totally deserve it!
GORGEOUS!! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see more pictures. Your park post was hilarious by the way.
WOW!! It looks gorgeous!! What a great home!
Hello?? Can I rent out a wing? That is quite the house!! You are gonna love having your own space again, I am sure! I hope you have a lot of furniture-cuz you're gonna need it.
That is not a house, it's a MANSION! You better stop though, Danen is going to kill you for getting ideas in my head, like we're EVER going to live in something that nice, even after 2696884757 years of school.
That looks like an awesome find. I hope your got all moved in ok. Your Mom was telling me about the house when I was in St. G this past week.
Oh la la I love it. Can't wait to see the inside. I don't think you should feel bad moving there ... you live a good life & deserve what you guys work hard for. ENJOY
Congratulations! It is beautiful. I am excited for you! When do you move?
WOW that's gorgeous!!! Congrats
Post a Comment