Saturday, November 14, 2009

A celebration of 30

Tomorrow, I turn 30. But I'm not thinking about that today. Today I am remembering some of the great things that have happened in my life. I, in no way, believe this is a good idea, but I am posting 30 pictures of me through the years.

I'd have to guess maybe 2? Reminds me a little of my girls

3 or 4? Probably my birthday, when Heather and I both got presents. :)


4 or 5? Hard to tell. Mom, any input?

8, Baptism day

10th birthday. Lisha and I totally did the glasses before Twitch.

Don't know ages. Probably about 10 here as well. Notice the van in the garage. I drove that baby in high school. It was a power steering fluid leaking beast!

10 1/2, at the hospital when Jonny was born

15, at EFY. The boy who first held my hand, Rich Cook.

Sorry if you wanted to see more awkward photos from the 11-14 range. I don't seem to have any (not because there aren't any, I just probably left those at home when I was taking pictures).

I'm guessing 16. Proof that at one time I had boobs.

Almost 17, dyeing my hair (with Linzi Jolley) on a volleyball trip. I remember this clearly and how Linzi covered up with her pillow when she saw the camera. I, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind in the least. And I'm "getting out the guns."

17, Homecoming senior year with Mark Madsen. Our last date.

17, Senior year of volleyball

Just before I turned 18, fractured elbow from state volleyball tournament


18, All-state banquet for basketball with Coach Higgins

At a choir concert with Melissa Ricks, 17 or 18

18, at a softball tournament with my BF, Tyler Campbell

18, Pine View High graduation with Tyler

My 20th birthday, celebrating with 259 cds.

20, dating Jeff

20, our wedding

20, My wedding with my bff from college, Jenny Costley

21, at Jeff's graduation from BYU

21, at Jenny's wedding

22, at my graduation from BYU (6 months pregnant with Damon)

22, taking Damon home from the hospital

almost 24, family photo shoot

24, the night we said good-bye to Chance

26, Allie's birth

27, Jeff's graduation from Ohio State

28, Kyla's birth





22 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

30's not so bad Krystal! You're gonna LOVE IT! I love the pictures (ahhh the guns. So many pictures of "the guns") Funny how much your girls look like you when you were their age. Love the 30 picture salute.

jaesi said...

this is wonderful! I LOVE the pictures and you missy are one HOT day away from 30 year old.

The Papa's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!! I've been teasing Dan for months now, but to be honest it's not much different than 29 was(or so i've been told)! Hope you have a FABULOUS day, you my friend deserve it!!! <3's

Jason and Kate said...

Cute post! Loved all the pics. Hope you have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

You really should have let us comment on each and every one of those! It's safe to say your girls look like you...Heather's bangs were her way to heaven....and yes...we've always had boobs....it's proof they were once PERKY!!!! ;) My own daughter told me mine looked like elephant ears. :(

TPlayer said...

What a beautiful life, so far! (I recognize some of those high school pics from when they hung on your closet door in our dorm room. You inspire me. Our 30s are going ot be great!

Holly Wilcox said...

You are a cute girl. Fun to have so many pictures. I didn't know you were friends with Jenny Costley. Maybe you told me before. I grew up with her in Bakersfield- we were in different wards though, so we didn't know each other until YW.

The Hansen Family said...

How funny to look back at those pics. Loved those bangs I totally had those to, but mine had a crimp in the end where I didn't take the curling iron all the way to the end. I was covering up because I knew that would be proof that unlike you I never had in Boobs! Happy Birthday tomorrow!

BBC said...

happy birthday! i think jeff might be wearing the same shirt in both the pictures with chance and allie. so cute. he should wear it for the next baby's birth too. :) hope you have a spectacular day!

Anonymous said...

How did you manage to look so good in all those birth photos?? I love how much your kids look like you!

Heather B said...

SUCH A FUN POST! Great idea. Where in the world did you find all those pictures? You must have a second scrapbook at your house. So, wow, clearly I liked your doll better in that birthday picture. And I wish you had a current picture that said 30. And when you put the Chance picture followed by the Allie picture, it makes him look oh so small (and he was) and Allie looks enormous.

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

Happy birthday. I loved your sweet pictures!

Angie said...

So fun to see all your pictures. I love the one of you and Linzi. That is so funny! Happy birthday!

Ann Mitchell said...

Happy Birthday, Krystal! 30's not so bad...wait till 50! Love the '80's bangs!

The Leggs said...

how much fun! some great memories, and I remember your van... :) Your girls sure do look like you when you were little. Hope you have an amazing birthday!

Jamie W said...

Happy Birthday!! Great pictures!

Lisha said...

Happy Birthday! Those were some awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing! Ya, you gotta love the days of our homemade glasses. Funny how I have reading glasses now and I hate wearing them around anyone!:) Hope you had a good one!

Reba said...

happy birthday!

Becky Seymour said...

FUn Memory Lane Post! Loved it! Happy Birthday BABE! I hope you got my text that day???

Cassie L. said...

Wow! What life!!!!

Jenner said...

i didn't realize you were only 20 when you married jeff! that means sports camps was 10 years ago! hope you had a great birthday!

Karen E said...

I also loved the photos!! A walk down memory lane for me too. The witch costume was when we lived in Delta, and we lived there from May 81- May 83, so that Halloween probably was 82, and you would have been almost 3. about the same time you learned to write your name.......and I am NOT kidding.
When we got to the "Chance" photo, it choked me up..wow...that was tough for me too, but you handled it beautifully. I am so glad you have a picture of that.