Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Glory, Glory Halloween

Fortunately for all of us, everyone had regained their health by Halloween night (side note: on Sunday, we were listening to Battle Hymn of the Republic, which I called "Glory Glory Hallelujah." Kyla asked for clarification, "Glory Glory Halloween?" Hence the title of this post).

Here are the yearly pics.

I bought the fireman's jacket at a thrift store in Ohio about 5 years ago. The hat and sweats came from Savers for about $5 total. Kyla's costume was the one Allie wore 2 years ago, and I got her tights for $5. Allie's costume was brand new at a liquidation store for $8. So, all spent this year--$18. I was happy with it, and the kids seemed fine, too.

After the event

And more proof that it was a successful Halloween.



We were putting the kids to bed and listening to The Bare Necessities on their cd player. We were dancing around (attempting to extract as much energy as possible, to be honest) and Damon said, "this is the best day ever!"

The candy fun was short lived. Yesterday, we took all the rest of the candy to Dr. Swensen's office (a local dentist) to be donated to the soldiers overseas. The kids got raffle tickets for their candy (we had 6 pounds) and got to enter for prizes. They didn't seem too heartbroken.

6 comments:

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Just read your last post...How crazy that your kids got the H1N1 virus, even after being vaccinated. Because they got sick, does that mean they don't have to have the second dose of vaccine?
What an awesome thing to do with your candy. I've been wondering what to do with all of ours. I wonder if there is something like that around here?

The Calico Crew said...

Love, love, LOVE the garbage can picture. I would have done that but for some reason most of the wrappers didn't end up in the garbage can. I love not paying too much for Halloween costumes. I know the kids love to dress up but I hate spending money. Thank goodness for hand-me-downs!

Christina Mangelson said...

Great idea for the candy. Maybe we will do it next year. I'm going to be throwing their's away very soon!

Greg and Tammy said...

Darling costumes and great idea with the dentist trade in!!

Heather B said...

You're so strong. I would just take the 6 pounds of candy and eat it myself. :) Allie looks exceptionally excited to go out trick or treating.

The Keetch Family said...

Hey Krystal. So for some reason I didn't know where you guys moved after Jacksonville, but in reading your blog, it seems like you are close to me. Where are you guys????