1. The kids are more comfortable with a dirty bathroom mirror than a clean one. Maybe smearing toothpaste all over it the moment it's clean makes them look better? If so, maybe I should try it.
2. Damon does not have a single pair of jeans without a hole in the knee. And he has probably gone through 6-7 pair this year. I'm beginning to wonder if he crawls around on jagged rocks at recess.
3. I am no good at wiping my kids faces. Or wiping the table and counter. Or wiping the girls' bums after they use the potty. I should do better. On at least one of those. But which one?
4. If Carter survives his siblings without injury, it will be a miracle. Being the youngest of four does have its perks, like the time earlier this week when I found Kyla sharing her Dum-Dum with him (which he seemed to thoroughly enjoy), but he is also more likely to be put in harm's way. A couple of days ago, I was helping Jeff move some furniture around in his office while Damon was holding Carter. Carter was crying, which Damon didn't like, and Damon decided to take him in the other room to put him in his bouncy chair. Carter continued to cry, but I assumed he was fine. WRONG. A couple of minutes later, Kyla comes running into the office and says, "Carter is falling out of his chair!" With a burst of speed that could challenge the likes of Usain Bolt, I ran into the kitchen to see that, in fact, Carter was in his bouncy chair. Unbuckled. On the counter in the kitchen. And he was balancing precariously on the edge of the chair mere seconds from falling. I caught him just as he slipped out of the chair, shaking a little at just how close he was to serious injury. Damon, after being chastised, felt terrible, but thanks to Kyla's natural instinct to always be where Carter is, he was fine. And KyKy got an extra scoop of ice cream for saving the day.
5. Allie seems to have my decorating sense. Which is to say, no sense at all. Jeff had a fake plant at work that he brought home. Allie saw it and said excitedly, "Dad brought home some weeds!" And some good looking weeds at that.
6 comments:
Hilarious. And scary about Carter and the kitchen counter!! YIPES!
And so true about kids' bathroom mirrors. I think they're actually made to dirty themselves because the second I turn around after doing it, it's covered in junk. sigh.
So glad Kyla saved the day! And I heard something about Sears having a program, and if you buy jeans from them, you can exchange them for a free pair every time they rip...maybe look into that!
Close call! Glad Carter is safe. I hear ya on the jeans. I make Wyatt wear shorts all the time now because I hate buying new jeans (because he isn't walking). Now he just crawls like Mogly from Jungle Book. I'll have to look into the Sears program too.
That is so scary! So glad Kyla found him. I think Damon's jeans have so many holes b/c of his dance moves. You should sign that boy up for break dancing lessons... if they have them.
If you want to patch the holes, I really like this tutorial and it makes the jeans look pretty cool. I'm doing it with mine.
http://pujparent.blogspot.com/2010/03/holy-jeans.html
I am NO good at wiping kids faces either. My kids always have dirt/snot/food faces. Something I swore Id never do....ha.
How awesome that baby C got to experience a dum dum at 3 months old! That is for sure a perk! haha :)
Post a Comment