I haven't posted in a while. Mostly because we have been having some major computer issues and our PC won't even start unless it's in Safe Mode. We have also been extremely busy these last few days, picking out plants for our yard and then actually planting them. Jeff and I were the main laborers, but we also had a lot of help from my bro, Eric; Jeff's bro, Greg; and Jeff's dad. My right hand is so sore from gripping the shovels and digging through the hard, hard ground. But it looks awesome. I'll get some pics soon (the city is fixing the gutter in front of our house, so as soon as it gets poured on Monday, I'll get the camera out there).
I wanted to post a quick update, though, so that my few followers don't start to worry about me. We're still here and doing just fine. Kyla is still Kyla. When we were at the nursery picking out plants, we left Kyla and Allie in the golf cart while we were looking at trees. Suddenly, I hear Allie shrieking, "Kyla!" We looked over to see Kyla with her foot on the gas pedal, hand on the steering wheel, heading straight for the trees. Luckily, she ran the cart into a bank of sawdust, and we all got a good laugh out of that. I asked her how she knew which pedal to push, and she told me, "I just want to drive, I tried them both." Typical KyKy.
Also, a story from the "Daughter of a Dentist" file. I was brushing Allie's hair before school one day, and I was using the "soft brush," or the one that doesn't hurt (it also doesn't do much for tangles, either). I had to switch to a harder brush, one that would actually get the tangles out, and Allie asked me if I would go back to the soft brush. I told her that the soft brush wasn't working anymore, and that I needed a brush with some teeth to get the tangles out. She thought about this for a minute, and then asked, "Does the soft brush just have gums?" Apparently she is her father's daughter.
More to come. Hopefully from the PC, but I promise that I'll get back on the laptop if I have to.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting. I do love reading your blog and keeping up with you guys.
Loved the story about the golf cart - but the soft brush and its gums was even better!
Post a Comment