He is a very gassy little guy, and he stinks! Mostly, though, he doesn't act like it bothers him too much.
He only poops about every other day (besides little squirts) and then they are HUGE and get everywhere.
He still has the baby acne, although it looks a touch better than it did last week.
He is doing a lot better at night. He sleeps 3 hours at a time (mostly in his bed) and usually goes right back to sleep. Last night he slept 4 hours, from 11:15-3:15, which was encouraging for me. And usually he ends up in bed with me after the second night feeding (5 or 6 am).
He is doing a little better during the day at not needing to be held constantly, meaning I can sometimes get 15-30 minutes of good behavior at a time. BUT, I still have to hold him MOST of the time. Everything I do takes 3 times as long (it took me an entire day to get the laundry done and the house vacuumed), and some things just don't get done at all.
There are many, many, MANY moments of mass chaos and I think I'll lose my mind (and I admit, my patience is running thin most of the time). Someone is always crying. But I have realized that when the sun comes out (and it seems it has been out only RARELY lately), everything seems better. Please, oh please, can Spring come and stay?
Here is is one month pic. You can see he was not too thrilled that I took off his clothes and put him down. Typical.
He is holding his head up really well and coos and smiles at us all the time. My milk has started dwindling already, so I'm taking Fenugreek and giving him a little bit of formula if he doesn't seem satisfied after a feeding. I think that's why he slept 4 hours last night--I got him full!
Carter loves him, but has no idea how to be gentle. He tries to say "baby," but it comes out "daydee." I got a good pic of Carter going in to touch McKay and Jeff reaching out to stop him. Ha ha.
We also had Easters. Not much to be said (McKay is screaming on my lap, so this will be short). Dyeing eggs was fun, but SUCH a mess. And I need to have a little more patience before we try this again.
And the kids all got new clothes (except McKay, who didn't go anywhere near the church building anyway).






5 comments:
I totally understand the "thin patience" thing- That's me all the time for sure.
It's fun to see all 5 of your kids together. And McKay is a mini-Krystal for SURE! It's official.
I also hear ya on everything taking way longer to get done. Did I tell you about the time I tried to make a batch of cookies? HA! It took 4 hours to get 24 cookies done, and two days later, I got someone else to bake the rest of the dough FOR me (Valerie, when she was in town.) It was ridiculous. The dough sat for hours with just sugar and butter and eggs. Glad it didn't make us all sick.
love ya. Hopefully we can find more time to talk and compare stories.
love the pic of carter and damon looking at eachother!!
Your kids are soo cute. It was fun to spend a little time with some of them while they were in AZ.
Ally is so nice!
I'm excited to meet McKay he looks so cute!
What cute kiddos! It's so fun to read your adventures as a mother of 5! I don't know how you do it!
Love seeing all those kids together! I seriously had to count--it looked like too many. :) Still loving the matchy clothes! So cute.
Post a Comment