Allie turned 6 on April 30. She had been thinking about her big day for months. And she wasn't feeling well and her birthday ended up being kind of a bummer. But she acted like it wasn't. Good girl.
We had her birthday party with all the neighbor kids. It was fun. Allie said next year Damon isn't invited because all of the kids wanted to jump on the trampoline with him instead of playing with her. I seem to remember Heather saying I did the same thing to her at her birthday parties...
I didn't get her cake finished until Sunday (we had been at a niece's baptism the morning of Allie's party), and Allie was too sick to even blow out her own candle. Sad. The cake was definitely not what I envisioned (it's supposed to be a castle. Jeff thought it was a pinata), but oh well. Damon and Kyla had fun decorating it with me while Allie slept on the couch (she had strep).
I sure love my Allie girl. I love this picture of her and McKay. She is very helpful (when she wants to be) and so tender hearted. She is working on brushing her hair multiple times a day so she can grow it long and not cry so much about getting it combed. She has the craziest hair I've ever seen. It can be clean and smooth one minute, and the next it is a wild tangle. I don't understand how it gets that way. But she is determined to grow it out longer and so she's trying to keep it from getting TOO tangled.
Allie has a very vivid imagination. Which is a nice way of saying that she tells lots of fibs. I was reading her journal from school and everything she wrote about never actually happened (unless, of course, I taught her a Hawaiian song on her ukulele and we got a hot tub) and she is still full of stories about people in her class. I mostly praise her for her fictional stories and tell her she should be a writer. Hopefully it isn't indicative of a future of lying.
Here are six things I love about Allie:
1. She has the most expressive eyes. I love looking at her when she is happy.
2. She is a great big sister to Kyla. Usually, she loves to play with Kyla and they get along very well.
3. She loves to sing with GUSTO. As long as her nerves don't take over (the way they did on Mother's Day where she giggle through the entire primary medley), she is the loudest singer in primary.
4. She dances and checks herself out in the mirror but is far too self-conscious to let anyone see her acting like a diva.
5. She is a fantastic reader.
6. She is very good about reminding me about things we need to do (reading scriptures, taking her medicine, watering her plants, etc). She is great about keeping me on track, which I really need.
1. She has the most expressive eyes. I love looking at her when she is happy.
2. She is a great big sister to Kyla. Usually, she loves to play with Kyla and they get along very well.
3. She loves to sing with GUSTO. As long as her nerves don't take over (the way they did on Mother's Day where she giggle through the entire primary medley), she is the loudest singer in primary.
4. She dances and checks herself out in the mirror but is far too self-conscious to let anyone see her acting like a diva.
5. She is a fantastic reader.
6. She is very good about reminding me about things we need to do (reading scriptures, taking her medicine, watering her plants, etc). She is great about keeping me on track, which I really need.
3 comments:
Loved this post. Great list of six things. We all need a good reminder to do what we should. Sorry she was sick on her birthday.
I'm so sorry I didn't call her on her birthday!! I am also so sorry about the Strep! Awfulness! I love Allie. I can't believe she's 6. Annie does stuff all the time that reminds me of Allie. And yes, I DO remember you being a friend-stealer at my birthday parties. Of all days!
;0)
Sounds like Allie has sure come a long way! I'd love to have her in my house. So glad she's a good helper and a great big sister. (We deal with tangled hair and tears when combing everyday too.)
Post a Comment