Here are some recent shots. I think he's starting to grow into his Trapnell cheeks, which was inevitable. But maybe he'll be the runt of the family and never match up to Damon and Carter. We'll see...
Okay, here's a fun game. Guess which one is Carter at two months and which one is McKay at two months.
#1
#2
Well, that wasn't really too hard. They don't look that much alike. (Carter is #1, McKay #2)
Here are a couple more with the moose. I like the boxer pose in the first one.
McKay is not extremely fussy, but he also isn't extremely content, either. I'm withholding judgment until he is 3 months old because I'm still holding on to hope that he's going to be a good baby. And right now he's not awful. But not exactly easy, either.
He does have a great smile.
And I LOVE a sleeping baby.
This is just a cute look.
He's started doing a little better at night. Twice he has slept from 11:00-4:00 and a couple other times from 11:00-3:30. One night I didn't swaddle him (the blanket was downstairs and I didn't want to come look for it) and he did NOT do well. So, swaddle it is.
I also give him on average 4-6 ounces of formula a day, in addition to nursing. I just don't make quite enough milk (even with Fenugreek) and sometimes he needs a little extra. We'll see how long I can make it this time around.
For the future, here is my list of things I couldn't do without:
1. Swaddle Me blanket. I never have tried the Miracle Blanket (it was too pricey for me), but this one works well. Better than any others that I've tried.
2. Bouncy chair and/or swing. I need to put McKay down in places that I know he won't be harassed by Carter (Carter likes to steal his binkies). I can put him in the swing in my bathroom while I shower and lock the door, or in his bouncy chair on the kitchen counter while I am cooking, cleaning, etc. I know he's safer there (while I'm nearby) then he would be on the floor, where Carter can get him and love him.
3. Binkies. They have seriously saved me with all my babies. I like to take them to the hospital and get them going from day one. I used to use MAM but have switched to Nuk, just because they were the first to go BPA free. Now, most everything is BPA free so it really doesn't matter. But I don't know what I would do without them.
4. A baby tub that fits over the kitchen sink. I used to hate bath time with babes, because it killed my back leaning over the big tub. But whoever invented a baby tub that fits over the sink was a genius.
5. Boppy. Seriously the best pillow for nursing, lounging, helping kids hold babies and other things.
6. Breast pump. I have gone through two Medela Pump in Styles and I don't know how I would survive without them (I have only had to replace one when the other was lost, not that it stopped working at all). Even though I mostly just breastfeed, it's invaluable to leave a bottle home when I leave for an hour to play Futsal. I also like knowing how much my baby is eating.
Those are the essentials. Everything else, while nice, I probably could do without.
I also give him on average 4-6 ounces of formula a day, in addition to nursing. I just don't make quite enough milk (even with Fenugreek) and sometimes he needs a little extra. We'll see how long I can make it this time around.
For the future, here is my list of things I couldn't do without:
1. Swaddle Me blanket. I never have tried the Miracle Blanket (it was too pricey for me), but this one works well. Better than any others that I've tried.
2. Bouncy chair and/or swing. I need to put McKay down in places that I know he won't be harassed by Carter (Carter likes to steal his binkies). I can put him in the swing in my bathroom while I shower and lock the door, or in his bouncy chair on the kitchen counter while I am cooking, cleaning, etc. I know he's safer there (while I'm nearby) then he would be on the floor, where Carter can get him and love him.
3. Binkies. They have seriously saved me with all my babies. I like to take them to the hospital and get them going from day one. I used to use MAM but have switched to Nuk, just because they were the first to go BPA free. Now, most everything is BPA free so it really doesn't matter. But I don't know what I would do without them.
4. A baby tub that fits over the kitchen sink. I used to hate bath time with babes, because it killed my back leaning over the big tub. But whoever invented a baby tub that fits over the sink was a genius.
5. Boppy. Seriously the best pillow for nursing, lounging, helping kids hold babies and other things.
6. Breast pump. I have gone through two Medela Pump in Styles and I don't know how I would survive without them (I have only had to replace one when the other was lost, not that it stopped working at all). Even though I mostly just breastfeed, it's invaluable to leave a bottle home when I leave for an hour to play Futsal. I also like knowing how much my baby is eating.
Those are the essentials. Everything else, while nice, I probably could do without.
3 comments:
That's funny. I saw the first picture and initially thought - geez McKay looks A LOT like Carter. :) HA! It was Carter! And yes, they look nothing alike. Here's to longer sleep periods!
Ok, double funny, I had the SAME thought that Tammy did with that first pic! I love that cute smiley picture of McKay. We used to use nothing but Mam binkies too, but Ella has chosen the Avent ones, which I really like. YAY for babies taking binkies, lifesaver fo SHO!
sorry- this is your sis Heather. I was doing some blog maintenance for mom. I don't think mom would say Fo Sho. But that would be super funny if she did.
Post a Comment